Teens Read Book Club discussion

Chit Chat > If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I would go on an African safari. I have wanted to do that for years. I would take a plane to get there and whatever the safari guide says while I'm there.

message 2: by Charlizechat (new)

Charlizechat | 9 comments I wouldn't mind taking a road trip across the Northern plains, but not the Southwest: I hate desert!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I would go to the Galapagos Islands - and quick! I've heard rumors that they aren't going to let go there pretty soon. Good for the wildlife - but not for me!

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Are you serious? They aren't going to let people go there anymore? I guess I had better put that first on my list if I am going. Thanks for the info, JennaB.

message 5: by Court (last edited Aug 12, 2009 01:53PM) (new)

Court I would go to London because from there...you can take a train, upon train to, I think, just about anywhere in Europe.
I just love all the archiecture, weather, history, and everything that I hear about Europe...

message 6: by Shanna (new)

Shanna I want to visit all of the states in the US. But I really want to go to Europe- England, France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, EVERYWHERE!!!

message 7: by Ry (new)

Ry Anderson (themostbeautifulbitterfruit) There are so many wonderful places in the world that I can't go to all of them! But I really want to got to Paris,France,Rome,Italy,The Black Forest,Germany and other places in Europe. I also want to got to Australia and New Zealand, where my mom considers taking me there for college. I want to go to the Middle and Eastern USA, because I've never been there.(I live in California.) I want to go to Africa for a safari and Southern America for a hike through a rainforest. I want to go to Quebec,Canada. I also might want to go to India. Basically, I want to go everywhere except Asia.

message 8: by Shanna (new)

Shanna ~Riley~ wrote: "There are so many wonderful places in the world that I can't go to all of them! But I really want to got to Paris,France,Rome,Italy,The Black Forest,Germany and other places in Europe. I also want ..."

Why not Asia?

message 9: by Court (new)

Court Aaahh...Riley I sooo argee with all of the places mentioned!!! Except India, I heard some,uh, scary things about that place from friends who have been there. I think Asia is too...mountainous and I'm too against them to really ever have a dying urge to go there...

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 18, 2009 02:18PM) (new)

Not to be a stickler or anything, but I kinda disagree with the not going to Asia thing. Asia is (as everyone already knows:) a really gigantic conitinent so it isn't exactly fair to all the people who live there (I came from China even though I live in New Jersey right now) to generalize things. True, there are some scary folklore and things that happens in some of those places (scary stuff happens everywhere - check out the news), but you have to remember that although Asia home to some of the oldest civilizations, many (not all of course) parts are still developing into what we would call modern society. No hard feelings here - I hope you did't mind my little rant. Guess I still have some Asian pride (even though I don't even remember it that well:)I totally agree with all your other choices though - I want to see Europe and Canada pretty badly.

message 11: by Ry (new)

Ry Anderson (themostbeautifulbitterfruit) Asia seems interesting, but I don't really want to go to China or Japan or Russia. Maybe Russia but it sounds risky. I don't really like the culture of China or Japan. I like Buddhism and ancient stuff like that, but there's nothing I want to see or do in China or Japan or any other country. No offense to any people from
Asia.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Thatz fine:-)
Sorry I acted so mad or anything...

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate My sister-in-law is from Australia, and once she gets her citizenship here in the U.S., they are going to move over there (at least, that's their plan). So if they do move over there, I would like to go there to visit. Maybe even stop at New Zealand for a little sight-seeing. I've heard that it is really beautiful over there.

message 14: by Jill (new)

Jill | 22 comments I would love to go to Scotland.

message 15: by icecheeks411 (new)

icecheeks411 | 14 comments I want to go back to England, Ireland and Scotland. And I REALLY want to go to Israel, Germany and Siberia. Then there are a bunch of other places I want to go, but not quite as bad... like Alaska and Manitoba and Japan and Brazil and South Africa and New York and Poland and the Netherland...

message 16: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Another thingI would like to do trip wise is do do to all 50 states before I die.

message 17: by Jill (new)

Jill | 22 comments I love looking at a US map and counting how many I've been too, it's nowhere near 50 though!