Teens Read Book Club discussion

Chit Chat > When did you first start reading?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I started "reading" in fifth grade. I only read what I had to read and would use cliff notes whenever I could. I had three books I would read for book reports. When a teacher said that book was too young for me, I would change to the second one. By the time I got through the third one, I was made in the shade. It was The Wind in the Willows.

message 2: by Shanna (new)

Shanna Its only been like a year of me reading bc i want to. I've always loved books tho, i would go to the library and Barnes and Noble with very good intentions to read but i would just pick out books and never read them. I'm so glad I love reading now but it makes me sad bc i missed out on so many years of great books. So i go back and read juvenile books. And young adult is my favorite.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill | 22 comments I really got into book in the second grade and have been reading a lot since then, i don't think I've ever really taken a break from reading for fun except maybe when I got swamped in college with other work and then I was still reading just not self selecting.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate I grew up being read to. I have probably been reading books for fun since I could read myself.