Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2009 Challenge Archive > PC#13: Bones

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments Bones is Cat's yummy vampire lover from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series.

Bones description from Jeaniene Frost's website:
"I didn’t have a particular person in mind when I described Bones. He’s a blend of (younger versions of) Jude Law, Ethan Hawke, Christian Bale, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Idol, Bruce Campbell (younger, like when he was in Army of Darkness), and James Franco, with a healthy dose of my own imagination to boot."

The first time Cat sees Bones:
"His hair was nearly white under the intermittent lighting, but his skin was unlined. Hollows and contours became features as he looked up and spotted me staring at him. His brows were distinctly darker than his hair, which appeared to be light blond. Those eyes were dark as well, too deep for me to guess a color. His cheekbones could have been chiseled from marble, and that flawless diamonds-and-cream skin gleamed from under his shirt collar."

Here's Bones on the inside cover of Destined for an Early Grave

How do you imagine Bones?

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments How about Karl Urban.

as a blond:

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 367 comments Bones has always been James Marsters for me.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 303 comments Sarah wrote: "Bones has always been James Marsters for me."

Same here.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Sarah wrote: "Bones has always been James Marsters for me.

"

Me too

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 407 comments Ok call me crazy but I dont personally find bones attractive.. not with how he is described persay.

But his manner of walk and speech and how he treats Cat for me is what does it for me with him.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Same here Trish! I picture him in my mind and I am like "meh". I do like everything else.

message 8: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne This may sound strange but I've never pictured him at all, he's a complete blank canvas....I agree with Tricia it's his attitude and mannerisms that do it for me. Even now looking at the photos I get absolutely nothing lol.

message 9: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I picture him a little like Chris Evans:

[image error]

[image error]

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia And of course Brad Pitt could do too. But he's a bit of a cliché. A yummy cliché that is.

How's that for Bones?

message 11: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Ummm yes Chris Evans pic 1 is very nice, and yes he does fit he description, perhapes it's the "look" he has about him too! kind of cute and cheeky but hot at the same time:)

message 12: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Oh yeah, he's got that cheeky attitude going on in all his movies. That's what I love about that guy. (Well to be perfectly honest that, and the abs.)

message 13: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments ah, Brad Pitt would be perfect as anyone; he's so hot. Love him.

Josh Stewart maybe:

message 14: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Uhummm! I can see him too, as Bones ;)

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Josh Stewart is yummy.

message 16: by Kasia (new)

message 17: by Purple (new)

Purple (purpletan) | 1221 comments ♥Tricia♥ wrote: "Ok call me crazy but I dont personally find bones attractive.. not with how he is described persay.

But his manner of walk and speech and how he treats Cat for me is what does it for me with him."

Ditto