Christian Readers discussion

Hey I put together a list of Christian books

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 4 comments They are all of the Christian intellectualy satisfying books I could find. Because I want Christians to realize that they are not just living in blind ignorance, we have plenty of proof for God. So check them out and add books that you do not see =)

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/26...

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Aug 05, 2009 05:24PM) (new)

Sharon Ellis | 39 comments HI D.C. We do have plenty of proof that God is who the Bible tells us He Is. And even more. Christ is talking today - His Holy Spirit tells us all we need to know.
I am so blessed that Jesus is my Lord.
My true testimony of the redemption Christ gave me out of darkness into His Light is told in my book Communions With Christ. Please, Christian readers, read this amazing today miracle from Christ, who is speaking to us all as His church today.
Communions With Christ talks to His Bride today.
Blessing in Christ!
Sharon Ellis
Communions With Christ can be found at GoHastings.com and Target.com and Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com and Target.com and ordered at your local Christian bookstore.
Please write to me and ask to be friends if you would like to communicate more.!
Peace and much JOY in Christ!
Sharon

message 3: by Olabode (new)

Olabode Ososami (bodeososami) | 2 comments I have just written a Christian book to help someone in trouble..especially from a business and money perspective. God cares about money and crisis times will tell us and others the reality of our faith..who do we turn to ...God as our source or others. see my website
http://recessionproofchristianlife.com/

message 4: by Vanessa (last edited Aug 15, 2009 06:09AM) (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 7 comments This is a GREAT topic!I would like to add my book to your list as well as another christian author.

The Certain Ones You're not Forsaken. You're Chosen for Purpose.

The Certain Ones You're not Forsaken. You're Chosen for Purpose. by Vanessa Richardson

Vanessa Richardson

The Day Begins With Christ

The Day Begins With Christ by Adrienna Turner

Adrienna Turner

message 5: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Thank you for listing my book! You will love also Certain Ones. I read it.

message 6: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments I went to a funeral last Saturday, the relatives chose the verse, he always was in the closet when he prayed,as if the deceased did that. Then they liked Luke 18:15-16 (Jesus receives children) but they left out 17 Verily I say unto you, Whomsoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. I went to the alter in tears after the Spirit of convection forced me to the alter, without shame, this was eturnity we are talking about.

Adrienna I'm sure you mean well, Isn't Christ also the ruler of the night. Then we have Bode who will straighten out your finances. At the funeral they played a short history of the man and the music was country and western in a Methodist church. If I would have stood out side and asked each one as they came out the door if they were saved and going to live in the kingdom of God, I'm sure every one would have told me (Yes) even the girl with a dress up to her crotch.

When I was thirty one years old I found out to be born again is physical and receiving the NEW SPIRIT or the Holy Ghost was physical. then it all made sense that their would be those that have went to church all there life and would never make it into the kingdom of God. Is that sad or what.

Last night they were talking about the heart on TV. A man said after he was given a heart from a musician that played the drums, he wanted to beat on the drums. The Bible says sin is in the heart, that statment proved it. I have a self published book out that no one is allowed to read. I hired an agent but he took $500 dollars and liked the money more then the book. The book's name is, "The Way The Truth And The Life" by Mickey R Mullen

message 7: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Sharon wrote: "HI D.C. We do have plenty of proof that God is who the Bible tells us He Is. And even more. Christ is talking today - His Holy Spirit tells us all we need to know.
I am so blessed that Jesus is ..."

Sharon The Holy Ghost will not dwell in a unclean body. The only way you can receive it is first to be born again Ezekiel 36: 26-25-27

message 8: by Olabode (new)

Olabode Ososami (bodeososami) | 2 comments We must indeed be born again..and then discover His ways are not our ways...and only as many as led by the Holy Spirit (and not any book including mine) can call themselves His children...even as we read we need the Holy Spirit to reveal His word and help us discard what we dont need....the greatest book of all ofcourse is His word - the Bible...

Christians must however write more books on Kingdom ethics as our minds are constantly flooded with material that do not help us to live the life God had ordained for us in Christ.

I recently wrote a blog post on Internet evangelism...pls visit

http://recessionproofchristianlife.co...

God bless u.

message 9: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Bode wrote: "We must indeed be born again..and then discover His ways are not our ways...and only as many as led by the Holy Spirit (and not any book including mine) can call themselves His children...even as w..."

Bode Why don't you read Ezekiel 36: 26-25-27 then tell me about it. Why do you call the Holy Spirit that instead of the Holy Ghost, you people make me sick. You will find out it is called a (new spirit) and not the spirit mentioned in Genesis. If you have a concordance then follow what it says in St John. Jesus received the Holy Ghost when he was baptized by John the baptist, in (St Matthew 3;16 is the best) and it went in his mouth and down his throat as it did mine but without the water. There is no church.

message 10: by Raleighhunter (last edited Oct 30, 2009 05:45AM) (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments WOW, this is an interesting thread.

God gave us 2 commands, all others fall into these. If we keep these 2 commandments, we do everything the Bible asks.

1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your might. (Duet 6:5) Matt 22:37 says mind instead of might.

2. Love your neighbor as yourself. (Matt 22:39)

The most interesting thing is that when Jesus was asked "Who is my neighbor?" Jesus told a parable and made the guy asking the question say the man he hated more than anyone else was his neighbor.

According to Jesus in Matt 18:20, it only takes 2 or 3 gathered in His name to be a church. All the other stuff is details.

message 11: by Dáithí's (new)

Dáithí's (payattentiontotheshadows) Bode wrote: "I have just written a Christian book to help someone in trouble..especially from a business and money perspective. God cares about money and crisis times will tell us and others the reality of our..."

Counterfeit Gods The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope That Matters This is a great book that addresses topics that arise during our tough financial times. It is very seeker friendly as well. I hope to be able to read your book soon. God bless my brother...Pastor Christopher.

message 12: by Dáithí's (new)

Dáithí's (payattentiontotheshadows) Raleighhunter wrote: "WOW, this is an interesting thread.

God gave us 2 commands, all others fall into these. If we keep these 2 commandments, we do everything the Bible asks.

1. Love the Lord your God with all your ..."

Mickey wrote: "Bode wrote: "We must indeed be born again..and then discover His ways are not our ways...and only as many as led by the Holy Spirit (and not any book including mine) can call themselves His childre..."

Thanks Raleighhunter for saving me some typing (smile). You have spoken volumes of wisdom by quoting a few easy scripture verses. I pray that those that need to hear His truths do, and not get lost in all of the commentary... May God bless you richly...

message 13: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Raleighhunter wrote: "WOW, this is an interesting thread.

1. Love the Lord your God with all your ..."

Questions: How much love can you give the Wife and keep out of trouble with God? Doesn't it say that you have to love the Lord with all your soul, with all your mind, all your might, or mind, as you put it? It reads the very name of God is a jealous God and his name is Jealous.

What if to love your neighbor as yourself means to do no harm to your neighbor, and everybody is your neighbor? Domer, ate his neighbor.

The reason that your two scriptures won't fly, is to be born again or receive salvation is physical.

message 14: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments Mickey, anytime you say scripture Jesus quoted won't fly, you need to rethink your position.

message 15: by Dáithí's (new)

Dáithí's (payattentiontotheshadows) Mickey, If you don't mind me asking,are you affiliated with a particular denomination or church? I'd like to better understand your background and doctrine so I can have a discussion with you that doesn't seem like a debate or point/counter point in nature. God bless.

message 16: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Pastor Christopher wrote: "Mickey, If you don't mind me asking,are you affiliated with a particular denomination or church? I'd like to better understand your background and doctrine so I can have a discussion with you that ..."
No, Pastor I am not affiliated with any denomination or religious organization, was Jesus? Jesus spoke in parables and only those that are saved understand what he was talking about. St Matthew 13;11 ---it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. I tried for three years to only get the preachers and pastors to listen to me, but who would do that after all I'm only a carpenter from Casper Wyoming. Some say Jesus was a carpenter would the Scribes, Sadducees, and Pharisees listen to him in a serious way, and is it different today? Christopher you should get one of my books, only one of them is in print no one wants the truth. Only 8 people was on Noah's boat, and Jesus said it would be the same when he came back again. For a start, if you can find a King James Bible of 1611 Read Ezekiel 36;26-25-27 That is what it means to be born again and receive the Holy Ghost which is a spirit but the (New Spirit)http://www.google.com/profiles/ 109344174867490513201

message 17: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Raleighhunter wrote: "Mickey, anytime you say scripture Jesus quoted won't fly, you need to rethink your position. "

Where is sin located isn't it in the heart? How can faith, grace, love etc. remove the sin in the heart. A doctor put a heart from a donor that was a musician, the new recipient wanted to play the drums. God removed the heart I was born with and gave me a new one from Him. With the new heart, I am more like God and have wasted about $50,000 and counting to save mankind from the dreadful day of the Lord. Malachi 4;5 KJV of 1611

message 18: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments Hard to follow that comment Mickey. You tend to ramble. I don't understand the point you are trying to make about the heart transplant. That sentence doesn't fit in with the rest of your response. It is kind of jammed in there.

Sin is in the spiritual heart of man. It isn't a gene that lives in the physical heart of man. Jesus clearly talks about spiritual and physical differences. Jesus tells Nicodemus in John 3 about the difference between physical birth and spiritual birth.

If you want to save man kind from the terrible day of the Lord, all you have to do is tell people you know and meet John 3:16. Start talking about the gift of salvation and let the Holy Spirit convict. God uses relationships all through out the Bible and expects us too.

That is all Jesus asks us to do. Go and tell our friends and neighbors about the love of God and the redemption of Jesus. Once they accept that gift, then we show them the way Jesus wants us to live. Jesus tells us in John 14 & 15, "If you love me, follow my commandments." Until people love Jesus, they'll never follow his commandments. Got to get people to love Jesus before we get them to follow his commandments.

message 19: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Raleighhunter wrote: "Hard to follow that comment Mickey. You tend to ramble. I don't understand the point you are trying to make about the heart transplant. That sentence doesn't fit in with the rest of your response. ..."
A doctor gave a heart from one man to another. The one that had died was a musician, and the new man that received the heart wanted to be a musician. It proves that there is more to a persons heart then people think.

Matthew 15;19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: ---. 12;34 O generation of vipers, how can ye being evil, speaketh good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

St Matthew 5;8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Psalm 58;3 The wicked are estranged (alinated from God, because of the sin of Adam) from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

I believe we have established that sin is in the heart if not I can find other verses in the KJB of 1611. The sin then, must be removed. To remove it, a person needs a NEW HEART from God. Jesus who spoke in parables uses the term, "born again" Which is another way to say you need a new heart. Isn't the creation of the heavens and the earth, I would call it physical? How can faith, grace, and love create (to cause to come into existence; make; originate) anything.

Because Jesus spoke in parables He is not much help. We have to look in the Old Teatament and it is written in several places and books, sometime with different wording, the meaning of what it means, to be born again.

Ezekiel 36; 26 A new heart also will I give you, (the heart I was born with was removed and replaced) (Jesus never needed to be born again because He was born without sin) and a new spirit will I put within you: (The new spirit is the Holy Ghost which Jesus received when He was baptized by John. St Matthew 3;16, the dove was the Holy Ghost, it went in his mouth and down his throat because that is the way it happened to me, but without the water.) and I will take away the stony heart (born with) out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. (From God) 25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, (born again) and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 27 And I will put my spirit (within you, the Holy Ghost), and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my fudgments, and do them.

This is why I wrote a nonfiction book that is all over the web Trying to not repeat this to every man women and child living on the Earth.

Your last chapter, all I can say, is in St Matthew 6;33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, (born again and receive the Holy Ghost) and his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you. Do you see any where it says Aunt Milley needs to send little Johney to Bible School to seek righteousness. Then go out in the streets two by two in black pants and a white shirt, to spread a faults doctrine thruout the world.

message 20: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments I see, thanks for explaining the heart thing. I don't agree with the premise but I understand now.

Jesus didn't always speak in parables. He taught a lot with similes and metaphors as well. Plus, he came right out and went straight to the point. If you discount Jesus, you discount the entire New Testament. If you don't think Jesus is much help in interpreting the Bible, then you don't need the New Testament. Jesus is the New Testament.

The Bible uses water as a metaphor for physical life and the heart as a metaphor for the core of who we are or our personal will.

A good heart or a good man is a man who lets God run his life. In Mark 10:18 Jesus responds to the rich young ruler calling Jesus Good Teacher with "And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." Jesus is both telling us we must follow God to be good and that Jesus is God. So no one can be good. To be a good man, you must be letting God live through you.

Jesus created us with a physical body that is not designed to last forever. I am 47 and starting to go to the DR for parts of my body that are wearing out. I am beginning to see my mortality.:( I don't know all the reasons why he did this, I just know he did do this. So a new physical heart isn't going to change anything in our life. Our body is still going to fall apart. The fact God made our body temporary shows he is worried about our spiritual lives and not our physical lives. It is our spirit that lives on forever, either with God or totally separated from God.

I agree Jesus never needed to be born again but the reason for that is also the reason the Holy Spirit didn't enter Jesus. He was already in Jesus. The Bible doesn't say the Holy Spirit entered Jesus, but I do not doubt he entered your mouth. That isn't my experience but I am not saying that is not your experience.

I do agree the only way to walk in God's statutes is by letting him live through us. I just disagree the need for a new physical heart, but to be honest, as long as we agree we need God living in us to be good and Godly people, we're splitting hairs on the physical/spiritual thing. The key is accepting God's gift of salvation and on that we apparently agree.

I also agree it is not a command to meet together but it sure helps us. Jesus always went to the town's synagog as well as Paul when they traveled to a new town. The writer of Hebrews tells us to keep going to church, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Heb 10:25 KJV.

Church isn't the building, it is the people inside the building. You and I are the church and we need to continue to encourage each other to let God live through us and tell those who don't trust Jesus as their savior about the love of God and his salvation.

message 21: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Raleighhunter wrote: "I see, thanks for explaining the heart thing. I don't agree with the premise but I understand now.

Jesus didn't always speak in parables. He taught a lot with similes and metaphors as well. Plus,..."

What you say is true but the parables are a real stumbling block, for mankind.

Sin is in the heart and it needs replaced. I never said one thing about it helping a person with the rest of the body. I'm 72 with very little problems.

What was the dove in St Matthew 3;16 if it wasn't the Holy Ghost?

Isn't God's creation physical, can't you see most of it with your eyes. Why would He change when it came to salvation. Is His creation spiritual, if it is, we could float around like angels.

Which church has the right salvation plan, that is the problem and the detriment to mankind. That is why I don't go to any church.

Paul was the devils advocate. St John 5;43 Isaiah 14;13-14

We are in goodreads you can go to My writting I just posted the Kirkus Discoveries Review of my book.

message 22: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments First of all, let me say I am enjoying the theological discussion.

I didn't say the Dove wasn't the Holy Ghost. I said the Bible only says it landed on Jesus, not in Jesus.

Parables are only a stumbling block if you don't have the Holy Ghost interpreting them for you. That is the key to understanding God and His Word, as evidenced with Philip and the eunuch.

Some of God's creation is physical. Some isn't. I don't think we can see everything God sees or created. If we could, we'd be god. ;) It is like Paul says in Ephesian 6:12 "For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Maybe I misunderstand your point but I don't see Paul as the Devil's advocate as Paul always went to great lengths to point people to Jesus instead of himself. 1 Corinthians 1:11-17

For it has been reported to me by Chlo'e's people that there is quarreling among you, my brethren.

What I mean is that each one of you says, "I belong to Paul," or "I belong to Apol'los," or "I belong to Cephas," or "I belong to Christ."

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

I am thankful that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Ga'ius; lest any one should say that you were baptized in my name. For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul clearly wanted people worshiping Jesus as God and not himself.

message 23: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Raleighhunter wrote: "First of all, let me say I am enjoying the theological discussion.

I didn't say the Dove wasn't the Holy Ghost. I said the Bible only says it landed on Jesus, not in Jesus.

Parables are only a s..."

That is what the Bible says, that it,"lighting upon him." It is WRONG because it happened so fast. If you baptise someone in water, the first thing they open for air on the first breath is there mouth. The Holy Ghost knew this, and not only did Jesus receive His first breath of air but the dove, which was the Holy Ghost. The reason I know this, it happened to me except without the water.

Preachers will tell you when you raise your hand at the appropriate time to receive salvation you receive the spirit. Does that make any common sense. Doesn't it make more sense that the Holy Ghost will not dwell in a unclean body. So your body must be clean first. Why do they change the Holy Ghost to Holy Spirit?

Philip and the eunch: You don't need baptism in water and the sacraments is a waste of time. St Matthew 26;29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. Remember I don't read The Acts - Jude.

If you were phoney wouldn't you say, "all my words are the inspiration of God." and wouldn't you remind people often that you are from God. When Paul saw Stephen killed, wouldn't that remind him that it was only one person, what about the rest of mankind. Paul hated God from the beginning and never did change. Preachers point out, he was persecuted, put in jail, handled a snake, shiprecked, and killed. What did that prove? Comparing with what is going on in Iraq today.
People at different times questioned Paul. Isaiah 14;14 I (Satan) wil ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

St John 5;43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: (Jesus) if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (Paul) I don't have a video as they say. It is the same today once in awhile in church, you hear the name of Jesus, Lets go to Romans.

message 24: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments No, you don't need baptism. You don't need anything but to accept Jesus' gift of salvation. The rest is following Jesus' commands because we love him. It is that simple and Jesus tells us that in St. John, chapter 14.

Satan never leads people to Jesus. That is the opposite of what he wants. He may twist the truth to where you think you are looking to Jesus, but he never points you to Jesus. Paul clearly pointed people to Jesus and away from himself. As Jesus said in St. Matthew 12:24-28 Satan can't survive by working against himself. If Paul was a phony, he wouldn't get upset when people said they were his followers and tell them they need to be Christ's followers. If Paul was a phony, that would be exactly what he wanted.

That is the test. Does who or what you listen to glorify Jesus? If the answer is yes, it is from God. If the answer is no, then it isn't. Paul always glorifies Jesus.

Paul wasn't a Christian and wasn't guided by the Holy Ghost when he saw Stephen. Paul's conversion came later. Of course he is going to have a different response.

You are going to the wrong church if you don't hear the name of Jesus often. That is about the only thing the church I attend talks about because Jesus is the sole reason for the church.

The bottom line is, there is one way to God and that is Jesus. Salvation experiences can be varied, as in the thief on the cross who wasn't baptized to the eunuch who was, to the widow who trusted God because Elijah kept their flour and oil barrel full while he stayed there, or Gideon because of the fleece. That is because the only thing that matters to God is the personal relationship with him.

Jesus always meets us where we are. We don't have to get anything clean first. Jesus meets us on the road to Damascus, in the field with our flock, in our kitchen looking for food, in a cave in front of a burning bush, sleeping in our bed while living at the church, or driving in a pickup. No place in the Bible tells you to get straight or somewhere to get salvation or start a relationship with God. The instructions only come after you respond to God.

message 25: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments The problem is you can't just follow any body, nither Jesus or Paul or God Or your parents. With sin in the heart it must be removed and replaced. I gave you Ezekiel scriptures already, there are other scriptures in other books. Jeremiah 31;33 ---I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God and they shall be my people. Didn't God write the ten commandments on two tables of stone? He did that, so why couldn't he write the law in your heart.

In the books I mentioned a great light. Isaiah 9;2 The people that walked in darkness (unsaved) have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. Paul and Joseph Smith mentions a light but the light that comes from God has power with it, that is how I know both of them never knew what they where writing about.

Paul never was a Christian, but, with Satans help, the smartest man that has ever lived out side of Jesus Himself.

Last night on TV they had a picture (assimilation) of Satan, antichrist and the falts prophet, the trinity of Satan. The churches preach's that God is one, and that it was God who died on the cross. They said in the future the faults prophet would come with the other two. Revelation 20;10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,---. (The false prophet was Paul and he came on the seen right after Jesus left. In other words he has been dead for years.)

I don't go to any church, because their is none, that knows the truth. St Matthew 7;22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? (Benny Hinn that rackes in 100 million dollars a year, I thought they said on TV. There is money in lies.) and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity. The Gospel teaches that all men will hate you. If you know the truth and preach it, they will hate you, I'm sure they will give you a lot of money.

message 26: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments I think Mickey we've reached an impass. Jesus very clearly states in John 14:6 he is the only way to God. Either you believe him or you don't. I do. It looks like you don't.

Paul passes the test of glorifying Jesus and as I pointed out previously, Satan can't work against himself. A house divided cannot stand.

But understand you do not agree.

message 27: by Cassondra (new)

Cassondra The Bible says that there are only 2 things you need to do to be saved:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. ~Romans 10:9-10

It also says:

"As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!" Galatians 1:9

The truth is, all we need is to confess and believe. Salvation is not about what you can do, but about what God does for us. He does all the hard stuff. All we have to do is accept and believe.

message 28: by Cassondra (new)

Cassondra I would also like to add:

Reading extraBiblical Christian books is great. It can help you delve deeper into the Bible and with Holy Spirit's help, can aid you in understanding more about our God. But... always test the spirits. Meaning, don't take everything you read at face value. Always ask these questions:

Does it add up with the Bible? Does it add up with what Holy Spirit has been revealing in me?

If the answer is "No" to either of those, throw the book away. Do NOT put any more of that filth in your mind. It will only hurt you. NEVER read a book that doesn't add up with the Bible and Holy Spirit thinking that you have enough faith to stand against it on your own. You don't.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12:2

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.~ Philippians 4:8

Be careful what you put into your mind!

message 29: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Raleighhunter wrote: "I think Mickey we've reached an impass. Jesus very clearly states in John 14:6 he is the only way to God. Either you believe him or you don't. I do. It looks like you don't.

Paul passes the test ..."

If Satan isn't devided I don't know what you would call it. Which Church has the right doctrine? Many believe that one church is as good as another actually 80%. Then Jesus left the 99 and went after the 1%, what does that tell you.
You brought up "The title of my Book" 1. Jesus spoke in parables. 2. St Matthew 13;10 ---Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (unsaved) it is not given. Which Bible of the many, do you hang your hat on? That is one of many reasons, that I believe Jesus is coming back soon. In 20 to fifty years I believe it is going to be impossible to find a good, new, 1611 King James reference Bible. I use a Cruden's complete concordance copyrighted in 1930 based on the above Bible, that my Dad gave me. Today, I don't know where you could go and buy a new one. Back then they weren't trying to be politically correct or based on gender.

message 30: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Cassondra wrote: "I would also like to add:

Reading extraBiblical Christian books is great. It can help you delve deeper into the Bible and with Holy Spirit's help, can aid you in understanding more about our God. ..."

See what you have done, every verse you have used is from the other half of the New Testament. Satan's half, and you are comparing your salvation with it. Did the Old Testament say any place that Paul was going to come after Jesus left and write half of the New Testament. Where did Jesus say to confess with your mouth, He said you had to be born again and Nicodemus used the birth of a baby as an example. Jesus spoke in parables. (reply to Raleighhunter)
The Holy Ghost has nothing to do with the spirit in Genesis, it is entirely seperate Jesus received the Holy Ghost as of St Matthew 3;16 and St John 16;7 St John 5;43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: (Jesus) if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.(Paul) The reason the preachers preach from Satan's half of the Bible is Jesus spoke in parables, and they don't understand the parables. St Matthew 13;11 7;22-23 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

message 31: by Cassondra (last edited Nov 15, 2009 01:30PM) (new)

Cassondra Mickey:

Hmm... it sounds like you don't believe the whole Bible is the inspired word of God. I do. I do NOT believe that any part of the New Testament is "Satan's half."

You think Paul was the false prophet mentioned in Revelation. Why? Why do you believe in the book of Revelation but not any of the books Paul wrote? Why do you believe in John (author of the Gospel of John, 1 2 3 John, and Revelation) but not Paul?

Being born again doesn't mean we are physically reborn, but Spiritually reborn. You are taking Nicodemus' likening the birth of a baby to being reborn out of context. In context, Jesus rebuked Nicodemus for that thought.

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." ~John 3:1-8

You are basically telling us we are not saved. Well, I know I am saved, so I'm afraid we are at an impasse. Not only does the Bible tell me I'm saved, but Holy Spirit does, too.

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. ~Romans 8:16

message 32: by Raleighhunter (new)

Raleighhunter | 13 comments Mickey, you say it is Satan's half. I say it is God's half. You eliminate the parts you don't like or don't want to follow.

And I quoted the Gospels and Old Testament as much as anything

I am not even trying to change your mind. You use the parts of the Bible you like and discount the rest. That is a fairly common thing to do. I'm just not going to do that. So you and I reached the end of our theological discussion. Neither is going to sway the other.

message 33: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Cossrondra: It was physical with me. I had left the church after the congregation had cogratulated me and they were calling me brother. It wasn't until I went to a gasoline service station that I was physically saved. Jesus spoke in parables which is not much help, you have to go to Ezekiel to find out what being born again and receiving the Holy Ghost is like. 36;26 A new heart also will I give you, (the heart that I was born with was removed and replaced, would this be a problem with God who created all things) and a new spirit (not the spirit in Genesis but a NEW spirit) will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. (NEW HEART) 25 then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, (Born Again) and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, Drinking, smoking, Etc.) will I clense you. (after your clean it is only then that the Holy Ghost will come into your body) 27 And I will put my spirit within you, (Holy Ghost) and cause you to walk in my statutes, (this took two years) and ye shall keep my judgements, and do them.

St Matthew 3;16 (Jesus receiving the Holy Ghost, He was born without sin so He didn't need to be born again) ---the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God (Holy Ghost) descending like a dove, and lighting upon him. (It never lighting upon Him but it went in His mouth and down His throat as it did mine but without the water, 30 days after being born again)20;23 ---Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with:---. St John 16;7 ---but if I depart I will send him (Holy Ghost) unto you.

St John 3;12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

There are only three verses in the Bible that has the way to the kingdom of god. St John 10;37-38 and 14;11 (You have to believe in your heart and that is different then only believing) http://www.google.com/profiles/109344...