Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Lock and Key
This topic is about Lock and Key
Lock and Key Discussions > Initial Thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
For those reading along, what do you think so far?

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments I read this book awhile back when it first came out and this wasn't my favorite Sarah Dessen book.

Anna I just finished it last night. I accidently got the book as a CD so it was also my first time listening to a book. I enjoyed it--I would describe it as a PG-13 rated Young Adult books (little sex and drug use) and was pretty tame for a book about HS students. For me I liked that not all the adults or teens in the book were dysfunctional.

This was my first Dessen book--Couture--did you find the other ones more edgy?

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Definetly! Dreamland and Just Listen were much better!

Anna I just put Just Listen on hold at the library--I'll have to read it and compare to Lock and Key.

message 6: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love the beginning of the book. I think the writing is very good and sucked me right in!

Vicky (vicky497) Something I find about Sarah Dessen books is that alot of her writing is the same old same old. She uses different plots with different story lines but they all have the same feeling to them. Maybe my reading level is higher than what she writes.. I dont know. But I read this book a few months ago and I thought it was quite good. Probably one of my favourites of her books.

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Angie, how can we become a Moderator?

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Megan, You volunteer. When a winner book for a month is announced, Angie always asks for volunteers. I suppose as soon as a winner is announced, you could immediately volunteer by posting in that thread or messaging Angie.

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Lisa wrote: "Megan, You volunteer. When a winner book for a month is announced, Angie always asks for volunteers. I suppose as soon as a winner is announced, you could immediately volunteer by posting in that t..."

Can you go into more detail?

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Megan.

If you regularly read the threads here, when a book is selected, Angie will post a message telling us what it is and asking for a volunteer discussion leader. Simply post in that thread that you would like to be the discussion leader, and Angie will post a message thanking you. We always are looking for discussion leaders here so volunteers are appreciated.

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Ok thank you Lisa.

message 13: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thanks Lisa! Megan we will vote again for our next book August 20th. If it is a book you are interested in being the discussion leader for let me know!

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Angie wrote: "Thanks Lisa! Megan we will vote again for our next book August 20th. If it is a book you are interested in being the discussion leader for let me know! "

So we can't just be a moderator ♥

message 15: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Right now we don't need an additional moderator! But I will keep you in mind if we need help! Thank you!

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Thank you

message 17: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dessen is a member of goodreads. Anyone friend her on here or follow her blog?

London | 41 comments I loved Just Listen... I am currently reading Lock and Key which is my second Dessen book

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Yea, I follow her.

Celestasaurus I haven't finished Lock and Key yet, but I can already tell that it's not going to be one of my favorites. I loved This Lullaby, Just Listen, and The Truth About Forever, but I wasn't so crazy about Dreamland. This is sounding alright, just not four-star worthy.

message 21: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

What is surprising is that I really enjoyed this book... so I can't wait to read her other books!