Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Sally's in a bad mood, let's fix that TC!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Sending happy thoughts to Sally! Here's to some silly funsies to cheer up our girl.

:wub:

Negativity is strictly prohibited here.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jul 31, 2009 10:54AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Go look at your garden. Or we'll arrange for a Jim Morrison lookalike to saunter by in leather pants.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
*snort*

My garden is another sore spot, I'm sorry to say. The backyard one is a den of spiders and mites, in it's cool, shady glory. I've got nothin' but string beans and squash blossoms. Everything else is long dead.

*grumbles, simmers, stews*

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Sally likes Jim Morrison? This guy?

So do I!

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

*sigh*

message 6: by Heidi (last edited Jul 31, 2009 11:14AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'll share some pics of the animals I'm petsitting this week [3 frogs (Boogie, Tex, Bob the Beefeater), 1 toad (Piglet), 1 betta fish (Leroy the Redneck Betta), and 4 hermit crabs (Hugh the huge hermit crab, Swirls, Mr. Papaya, & Frog). Maybe that'll cheer you up a bit? :)

Kate's animal menagerie (some other friends are taking care of her cats, Fred and Pumpkin):

KatesCritters

Hugh the huge hermit crab

KatesCritters3

Swirls (Mr. Papaya's creeping in at the top left corner)

KatesCritters6

Boogie's on top of the log; Piglet being a badass in front of the log; Tex is chilling on the glass in the background.

KatesCritters5

A good close up of Frog's shell (and where he got his name) :) Mr. Papaya seems to be an attention whore because he keeps walking into the pictures (to the right this time).

KatesCritters92

Leroy the Redneck Betta

KatesMenagerie5

Teeny tiny Bob the Beefeater is perched on his glass. He's no bigger than my thumbnail. :)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Those are some fabulous pet names.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

I dig Leroy's habitat. I'd be happy living there.

message 9: by Heidi (last edited Jul 31, 2009 12:46PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: "I dig Leroy's habitat. I'd be happy living there."

He's on my kitchen countertop for the next 11 days... seated right next to the Moxie bottle. :)

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

moxie...

the beer?

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Those are some fabulous pet names. "

That's EXACTLY my thought, Sarah Pi! I've decided I'm gonna recruit Kate to help me name my pets if I should ever get anymore (Robby was already named when I got him).

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Jul 31, 2009 12:50PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: "moxie... the beer?"

I found the bottle in an antique shop, and I thought it was fitting for Leroy's vacation house (as is the rainbow cross stitch picture my mom gave me for my 8th birthday).

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Moxie is a soft drink made from gentian root. It's got a nasty aftertaste.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

You made pet "vacation houses" ???

*swoons*

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I never heard of gentian until just now.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

*floats*

message 17: by Heidi (last edited Jul 31, 2009 12:57PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: "You made pet "vacation houses" ???

*swoons*"

Well, it's where he's hanging out while he's on vacation. The hermit crabs got stone doves near their habitat, so IMO, it's like they're on a Greek island vacation.

KatesMenagerie7

My idea.

I'll take credit for it.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori Most excellent!

Yeah, this Kate person is definitely the go to person for best pet names.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Fix it!

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I need more information. Define "bad mood" in this situation.

message 21: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Sally, you mean the EASY button didn't work?

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

Grrr! **Stomp**

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm not really in a bad mood. I found this thread while looking through "delightful" for Heiderson's perfume thread and thought it would be great if immediately all 999 members tried to cheer me up.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I hear you fit in your skinny jeans now, Sally. Yay!

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yay!

Oh hey, did you hear that Starbucks is going to start offering a 32 oz coffee option?

That is just too much coffee, especially at their 75cent/oz prices.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments So like a coffee Big Gulp? That's crazy! I don't get that, I'm always trying to get a SMALLER size. I want a short, which some coffee places have, but don't post on the menu.

But then, I don't like King Size candy bars, either. I'm not sure I should be allowed to be an American. :\

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24073 comments Mod
Sally wrote: "Yay!

Oh hey, did you hear that Starbucks is going to start offering a 32 oz coffee option?

That is just too much coffee, especially at their 75cent/oz prices."

Yeah, this is a drink for those who think paying $5.00 for a venti isn't enough.

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24073 comments Mod
I can't believe Sally is in a bad mood, with the smilingest baby ever.

message 29: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments Hmm, I wunder wat wood mayk Saly hapee?

message 30: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "But then, I don't like King Size candy bars, either. I'm not sure I should be allowed to be an American. :\"

you're welcome to live on our side of the ocean :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Aww, thanks, Janine! Sometimes I truly consider it!

I can speak French very badly, and Spanish even worse. I'm sure I could get a job!

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments HOLY CRAP! I've been wondering where the animal menagerie thread was... HERE IT IS! :D

Happy memories in this thread...

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments What is up with 32 ounces of coffee. Wouldn't it get cold by the time you got the the bottom of the cup? Certainly that cup would not fit in the cup holder of my little car.

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I think the new larger size at Starbucks is not for coffee, but for their frozen type drinks.

message 35: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments That makes sense. I used to go through a quart of coffee every day, but I had a thermos to keep it warm. A paper cup really wouldn't do the trick.

message 36: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments Oh, Kay. Two billion calories worth of sugary drink. I like my calories in solid form, thank you.

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well, like Cynthia says, that doesn't make it okay, in fact it is even more disgusting to imagine 32 oz of frappucino. It is just. not. necessary.

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Agreed, it is not necessary.

message 39: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments 32 ounces of white wine? Now you're talking, buddy.

message 40: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Cynthia wrote: "Oh, Kay. Two billion calories worth of sugary drink. I like my calories in solid form, thank you."

I like my calories in beer form.

message 41: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments Does beer make you burp? Or fart?

message 42: by Barb (last edited Jan 20, 2011 11:06AM) (new)

Barb Cynthia at the TC picnic:

[image error]

message 43: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments Oh god, I've got to find that dress. I lost it the last time I went out to the wine bar.

message 44: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The hat is a keeper too.

message 45: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments I actually loaned that out to my friend Steven Tyler. He said he'd return it, but so far he hasn't.

message 46: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments smetchie wrote: "I like my calories in beer form."

Favorite quote of the day!

message 47: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Cynthia wrote: "Oh god, I've got to find that dress. I lost it the last time I went out to the wine bar."

That because you left in on the sun chair next to the pool, where you threw it just before jumping in.

message 48: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments You know me too well.

message 49: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Hey Sally:

[image error]

message 50: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2011 06:57AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I don't think Sally's in a bad mood anymore. In fact, I'd say that I think it's safe to assume she's been in a fairly good and playful mood lately.

« previous 1