Audiobooks discussion

Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch, #1)
This topic is about Ancillary Justice
Ask Audible > How to get a UK-based book in the US

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrian (new) - added it

Adrian | 96 comments I live in the US. I want to get a certain audio book but Audible tells me that I cannot. The book is Ancillary Justice and the narrator is Adjoa Andoh. In the US the narrator is Celeste Ciulla. How do I go about getting the UK-based narrator? It is hard for me to post a link to the book since in the US, it tries to redirect to the US-based book: http://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Sci-Fi-Fa...

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1521 comments You can't - it has to do with digital rights/licenses

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 3 comments Would trying to change your IP address work?

message 4: by Specs (new)

Specs Bunny (specsbunny) | 427 comments Could be region restriction, but you can try to log in on audible.co.uk and us your .com (amazon) name&password.
Try getting the book, as you are not a member in UK you can't use your credits, so you have to buy in pounds.

It will not be in your .com library but it will be in your .co.uk library! Unless, it really is the region restriction... good luck.

message 5: by Adrian (new) - added it

Adrian | 96 comments When I try to get it through the US, this is the message I get:
We're sorry. Due to publishing rights restrictions, we are not authorized to sell this item in the country where you live.

I then logged in through audible.co.uk, put the book in my cart, went to check out, then it said the book is no longer for sale. I went to search for it again and now my search no longer brings up ANY books by Ann Leckie. What the heck!?!? This is odd!

message 6: by Specs (new)

Specs Bunny (specsbunny) | 427 comments O that is really odd! Sorry all your efforts didn't bring you anywhere...

message 7: by Marcel (new)

Marcel (madjo) | 28 comments I have changed my amazon.com address in the past to get around region limitations, it seems to have an effect on audible as well. Certain books that weren't available to me with my one address, were available with my other address.

Perhaps it's a solution for you too?

It's perhaps not 100% legal, but I don't deal well with region specific deals on a borderless internet.