JPathon discussion

The Pact > Part 1

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris (xokristim) | 114 comments Mod
Let's chat :)

message 2: by Lime (new)

Lime (opaluna) I'm gonna start reading this as soon as I'm done with Howl's Moving Castle!

message 3: by Kris (new)

First off I want to say that this book is a reread for me. I love the book starts off immediately with action even though it isn't really good action. I love the chapters are alternating between now and then. It helps us learn a little bit of background info while keeping an air of mystery. I'm finding both sections now and equally interesting. To me Gus and James' relationship seems a bit shaky. That's all I'm gonna write here because as I said it's a re-read and I'm remembering pretty much the whole story right now so I don't want to give anything from parts two and three away.

message 4: by Lime (new)

Lime (opaluna) Hey guys! I was about to continue reading this book but I realized where it was heading and I got a bit uncomfortable and decided to drop the book. I wish you the best of luck!

message 5: by Kris (new)

That's cool! You can always jump in anytime ☺️

Lilkadykitty :) | 98 comments Mod
okay, first off that is one mind opening section. I feel bad for Chris because he is being accused of something he didn't do because he was there. That was a bad birthday present being arrested on your 18th birthday. The school scene was so annoying. Why would you force someone who was there to be put up in front of the whole school to talk to them as if it is okay. I also liked that were getting the past and the present with this story because it is helping build the suspense and fills in the background of what is going on in this relationship. I agree with you Kris, I don't think Gus and Jame's relationship is healthy. I think their different views on what is going on with Chris is starting to show in their relationship. I honestly wonder if Chris knew that Em was pregnant.

message 7: by Kris (new)

All great observations Kat!

Lilkadykitty :) | 98 comments Mod
Kris wrote: "All great observations Kat!"

Why thank you. Since this book is broken into three parts there is so much going on and when you come into the discussion there is like a chapters worth of stuff you could write. As this is a reread for you, you know most of what is going on as where it is my first time so I honestly don't even know what all to say and write.

message 9: by Kris (new)

I agree if it was my first read i would have a ton more to say lol