Fantasy, Magic, and Mystery! discussion

General > Inheritance

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The fourth book. Not the final book though (thank you Christopher Paolini! Or we might've all just died :))

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Inheritance is the fourth book and it ends in a total cliffhanger and if Christopher Paolini wasn't writing Book 5 I think we would all die. :) ;)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. I just realized that Arya does kiss Eragon before he leaves for Vroengard. Just on the brow, but still a kiss. I wish that Paolini goes into better description about that moment though. A brush or rose petals, or something like that!

message 5: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments He should also have had Eragon fight a giant íllgrathr!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

? Something from HP?

message 7: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Íllgrathr, burrow grubs! íllgrathr translates to "ill hunger"

message 8: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments From book 4 Eragon, Galbatorix tortures Nasuada with one of them.

message 9: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Eragon also finds them on Vroengard.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That is right! I will never look a slug in the face again ;)

message 11: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments I think íllgrathr are more like maggots. Also, do slugs even have discernible faces?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Probably not.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

THE SNALGI!!!!!!!! I still want them to full on kiss. A kiss on the brow isn't a true kiss :) they need to truly fully kiss like they're in love because they're in love :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I KNOW! Common Arya, you love him, succumb to your feelings. Let your love reach out to him! The sees can not hold you back!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I COMPLETELY AGREE

message 16: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Definitely! I mean jeez just kiss! It ain't that hard! (I wouldn't know, but still) it's like they're aware the readers are watching, and they're like, "nope, I'll kiss him on the brow, but that's it"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, I don't know how to explain it. If I were him, and she was ok, I would kiss her probably too much! ;) LOl I am just thirteen and ...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

lol I'm only 12 and was urging them to kiss. I was so ticked when they didn't at the end.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yah I wonder if Christopher Paolini has any experience to back up the kiss in the next book that I assume is coming!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. I don't think it's that hard to imagine ;)

message 21: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments I hope that happens! Maybe it'll happen at the end of the fifth, or they'll get into a relationship by the middle!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes!!!

message 23: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments I wonder how that would work? Maybe they don't tell anyone! There's so much I want to know!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

There's way too much we need to know!!!!!!

message 25: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Maybe I should ask Paolini himself? Do you think he would respond? Maybe he's to busy, but I'll ask anyways.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

He would probably respond. It might be a little while but I'm sure he will. He responded when I messaged him awhile back about some stuff. But it took him several hours

message 27: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Ok. I just asked. Let's watch and wait, I guess.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep

message 29: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Let's hope for the best, litil loivissa.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Fingers crossed fricai

message 31: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Well, it's a school night, I'll check in the morning. Good night, loivissa. :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. Good night fricai :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Good night youngling! ;)

message 34: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Morning all! Ben, here's a URL for an English to ancient language!
https://www.paolini.net/writers-corne...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you vinr älfakyn!

message 36: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Haha, I see you have been learning, fricai!

message 37: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments Found an auto-translator site!
https://lingojam.com/EragonAncientLan...

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Sem er great!

message 39: by Asterion (new)

Asterion (Yimsel) | 520 comments What? I think autocorrect is out to get you... "Sem er great"?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

That is great!

Emily of the Riders | 21 comments The site only translates words already in the language.
Also, this is interesting. It is about prophecy and foresight in Inheritance.
I was re-reading and I realized that there is a premontion that never happened. In Brisingr, page 252, Eragon dreams of "a circular stone city in the middle of an endless plain and a small girl who wandered among the narrow, winding alleys within and sang a haunting song". Not sure if that is for book five, but yeah.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Elva?

Emily of the Riders | 21 comments Not really about the girl, although she might be. It is really about the city and how it doesn't exist.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Ilirea? Vroenguard?

Emily of the Riders | 21 comments Actually, those could be it. Smart! I hope it will be book V. That would be interesting.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily how many times have you read the Inheritance Cycle?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I can only say thrice. Next, I want to read them in French.

Emily of the Riders | 21 comments Kvetha Fricai!
I don't know... I have lost count. Total, about 13 times? Somewhere around there.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool!

« previous 1