Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Unable to find a book on preorder.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 104 comments Are preordered books still supposed to show up on Goodreads? I thought they were.

For some reason, I was unable to find my novel on GR to claim it on my author page. I also would like to link it to the series.

Title: Step with Me
Series: Seaside Chapel
Book: #2
Author: Jan Thompson
ASIN: B01NAPYGU1

URL: http://amzn.to/2ktZhqE

Also I checked all the other Jan Thompson authors -- there seem to be several of us -- just in case it was linked to the other Jans by mistake. I don't see it.

Is there a power search I am not aware of? I keep trying to type in the ASIN for my search but there is no field that says ASIN on the search screen.

Thank you.

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1331 comments Pre-order books can be added to Goodreads.
There is a bot that will add books from Amazon eventually, but if it's not in the database you can request to have it added.

I added this one for you:
Step with Me

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 104 comments Miriam wrote: "Pre-order books can be added to Goodreads.
There is a bot that will add books from Amazon eventually, but if it's not in the database you can request to have it added.

I added this one for you:
[b..."

Oooh there it is! Thank you so much! Appreciate it!

message 4: by ☕ Lachgas ♿ (last edited Feb 04, 2017 09:26PM) (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6131 comments And yes it's possible to search by asin or isbn in the search , just enter it.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 104 comments Lachgas wrote: "And yes it's possible to search by asin or isbn in the search , just enter it."

Thank you. I did but my book didn't show up. That was when I thought I needed to find the ASIN field to type it in. I should have tried with another book that's already on GR but I didn't think about it at that time. Will do next time!