The Dark Forest (Remembrance of Earth’s Past, #2) The Dark Forest discussion

Why Trisolarans send their technology to Humans?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Assaf In the deterrence era it was written that Trisolarans were sending earth as much technology knowledge as they can and were upset when Humans were not quick enough to adopt it.
Why did they done it?

message 2: by Marsyao (new)

Marsyao Assaf wrote: "In the deterrence era it was written that Trisolarans were sending earth as much technology knowledge as they can and were upset when Humans were not quick enough to adopt it.
Why did they done it?"

First they were forced to do that, second it was part of their plan (tell you anymore would give you too much spoiler)

Assaf I know they were force to send the technology but they could send it in a much slower rate, instead they were eager to do it.
Well I finished the book and still not get it, unless you refer to the third book?

message 4: by Marsyao (new)

Marsyao Assaf wrote: "I know they were force to send the technology but they could send it in a much slower rate, instead they were eager to do it.
Well I finished the book and still not get it, unless you refer to the ..."

As I told you, this was part of plan, and yes, I was refering tho the book 3

Assaf *spoiler*
OK, I finished the third book and I still don't get it. Except the fact that they also send false technological instructions I can't fine the point to all of this?

message 6: by Marsyao (new)

Marsyao Assaf wrote: "*spoiler*
OK, I finished the third book and I still don't get it. Except the fact that they also send false technological instructions I can't fine the point to all of this?"

Trying to have human's guard down

message 7: by Assaf (last edited Feb 17, 2017 11:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Assaf Marsyao wrote: "Assaf wrote: "*spoiler*
OK, I finished the third book and I still don't get it. Except the fact that they also send false technological instructions I can't fine the point to all of this?"."
Trying to have human's guard down

Well... I can accept that they try to take human's guard down by saying they got in love with there culture but still it doesn't explain why they were upset when Humans were not quick enough to adopt their technology? on the contrary, if human understood the technology quicker they could understand that some of it is fake.

message 8: by Marsyao (new)

Marsyao Again it is part of act to show how hard they were working to be a friend with Human, and the technology they gave were filled with misguid On the other hand, they did get in love with human culture, Liu cixin implied that human culture eventually triggered a renaissance in Trisolar, and they start ecouraging individaul thingking and respecting individaul right, and that was the reason behind the huge technology leap took place on Trisolaran world