EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA discussion

Buddy Reads > Like what you've read so far by India?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
Like what you've read so far by India? Well here we will post books that we think you'll like if you like India's writing!

message 2: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments I LOVE IT!!!

message 3: by Luv2read (new)

Luv2read (luv2read-isreadyforspring) | 1 comments Rain was an awesome book! I highly recommend it!!

message 4: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Luv2read wrote: "Rain was an awesome book! I highly recommend it!!"

It was!

message 5: by L.N. (new)

L.N. Denison | 125 comments I love the fact that so much emotion goes into India's work, and you get to experience each emotion for yourself. First person POV can be very risky, but India manages to pull it off flawlessly.

message 6: by Cat (new)

L.N. wrote: "I love the fact that so much emotion goes into India's work, and you get to experience each emotion for yourself. First person POV can be very risky, but India manages to pull it off flawlessly."
She truly does! It astounds me every time how talented she is, and how each book gets better!

message 7: by India (new)

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
Luv2read wrote: "Rain was an awesome book! I highly recommend it!!"

Aw! Thank you!

message 8: by Sage (new)

Sage Knightly (sageknightly_) | 13 comments I've loved everything so far because India has an amazing ability to write with such emotion and honesty that everything is connectable in some way, making it so easy to fall in love with characters and be affected by what happens to them. It's pretty much impossible not to love her books!

message 9: by Cat (new)

Sage wrote: "I've loved everything so far because India has an amazing ability to write with such emotion and honesty that everything is connectable in some way, making it so easy to fall in love with character..."

Right? She's so amazing! I always tell my reader friends to read her books.

message 10: by Merissa (new)

Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) (merissa13) | 38 comments Every book I've reviewed for India so far has been 5-stars. The idea of giving any less just is incomprehensible! The depths of emotions, the subjects, it's all there. Absolutely outstanding!

(And I don't just give out 5-stars willy-nilly!)

message 11: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Sage wrote: "I've loved everything so far because India has an amazing ability to write with such emotion and honesty that everything is connectable in some way, making it so easy to fall in love with character..."

This is so true!

message 12: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments I hope this is the right place to post this - my friend and I really love P.D. Workman's books, which are primarily about teens who are in marginalized situations, like foster care, and are fighting against abusive peers/adults. We agree that our favorite of all of her books is Ruby, Between the Cracks, and the rest of that series, which focuses on Ruby's brothers and sisters, is great, too. The latest, Chloe, is about one of Ruby's sisters, and I've been waiting to get my hands on it for awhile!

I think if you like India's books, you would definitely like Workman's. There isn't a fantasy element, it's all very realistic, but powerful characterization and tough kids - just like India's characters. Workman is an indie author as well, and cranks out books like nobody's business. She often has specials on her e-books, so you can follow her and keep an eye out for when she has a freebie. Her books are pretty long but worth the time - and it makes you think what some kids have to go through just to get by day to day, with no adults to guide them, or adults who use and abuse them.

Has anyone else here read any of her work? What did you think?

message 13: by Cat (new)

Cecily wrote: "I hope this is the right place to post this - my friend and I really love P.D. Workman's books, which are primarily about teens who are in marginalized situations, like foster care..."

I haven't heard of her ot her books until now, but Ruby, Between The Cracks sounds amazing! It's definitely on my short list TBR. Thank you so much for sharing this book!

message 14: by India (new)

Cecily wrote: "I hope this is the right place to post this - my friend and I really love P.D. Workman's books, which are primarily about teens who are in marginalized situations, like foster care..."

I don't know if this is the right discussion for this post but I LOVE YOUR POST! Miss Cat may move it to the proper place, if needed (we are not too fussy here, especially when sharing work that can potentially help others!). I will go check out this author and the series! Sounds so good :)

message 15: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments India R. Adams wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I hope this is the right place to post this - my friend and I really love P.D. Workman's books, which are primarily about teens who are in marginalized situations, l..."

The first post in here by Cat says to post here if there are books that we think others would like if they like your work - so - I thought it might fit here.

message 16: by India (new)

Cecily wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I hope this is the right place to post this - my friend and I really love P.D. Workman's books, which are primarily about teens who are in mar..."

You are absolutely correct! I just read that. Awesome. As I told someone else, Miss Cat is so organized that I get lost, lol!

I went ahead and added one of the books to my TBR. Looks really good. Thank you so much for sharing. Yum! keep 'em coming. I love getting recommended books!

message 17: by Jerica (new)

Jerica | 8 comments I quickly became a huge fan of her writing and who she is as a person! Her writing throws off so much energy that you can literally feel the same emotions as the characters and also see the book play out as a movie in your head cause she gives the perfect amount of detail when writing. I haven't found one single book so far that I haven't fallen in love with!

message 18: by India (new)

Jerica wrote: "I quickly became a huge fan of her writing and who she is as a person! Her writing throws off so much energy that you can literally feel the same emotions as the characters and also see the book pl..."

Oh... wow! Thank you! I love how you speak of energy and emotions here. That is so cool! Thank you, thank you...

EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ruby (other topics)
Chloe (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

P.D. Workman (other topics)