EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA discussion

Destiny (Forever, #2)
This topic is about Destiny
Forever > Destiny - Within the Pages

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
This is the section where we will post blurbs, teasers, book cover explanations, and general information about Destiny by India R. Adams!

message 2: by India (new) - added it

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
I'm still stunned that I am about to release the second novel in the FOREVER series. Stunned...
Here is a little present to get your reading tastebuds goin'!

CHAPTER ONE
A glimpse of the past

Burning passions of a thousand storms
Twisters and cyclones refusing to conform

Winds blow, stinging my eyes
But I know I’ve never been so alive

Clouds stirring, they begin to brew
That’s when I witness the miracle in you

The way of the light
The light of the way
In all your glory

The way of the light
The light of the way
No matter what, I am here to stay…

“Ma’am, you have to answer the question.”
“Y-Yes, Your Honor. I’m trying. I promise,” I nervously reply, sniffling through tears. I’m terrified, sitting alone as everyone in the courtroom hangs on every word I’m forced to speak. The microphone box next to the judge is my personal living hell. The hungry eyes of the jury are nothing compared to the vulture of a lawyer who’s standing before me, boring holes into my past. With my trembling legs and knocking knees, I want to run far, far away from the dark corners of my mind that are being forcefully invaded.
The lawyer’s jaw tightens. “Did you or did you not see my client, Mr. Dooley, get out of the car?”
His question sucks me right back to the darkest night of my life. All I can see is Skyler, lying on the hard concrete in front of me. The most unforgettable blue eyes are seeing through me once again.
“Did you or did you not see Mr. Dooley get out of the car, Mrs. Hamilton?” Now yelling, his voice pulls me from that cold night with an unapologetic jolt.
My wet eyes race to the one angrily rising to his feet. He wants to rescue me from the torture chamber that’s swallowing me whole. I’m not helping. I’m sure my expression pleads for him to take me away, as my Dereck always does. Jolene is crying, pulling on Dereck’s stubborn hand. One of our lawyers whispers over his shoulder to Dereck, probably telling him not to interfere with the proceedings, but Dereck ignores him. He ignores everyone but me until Rocco’s large palm lands on his shoulder, directing his descent. Dereck’s determined eyes never leave mine, but he reluctantly sits.
Josh’s stare silently voices the reason he doesn’t assist Dereck in defending me. That piercing gaze is saying, “I have to do this on my own.” His body trembles—his elbows balanced on his knees, his fists to his lips—as if trying to hold himself up so he won’t fall to the floor with the heartache that obviously consumes him. Those strong brown eagle eyes tell me to fight for Skyler, his baby girl, ’cause now, I’m the only one who can.
My head nods at his silent command. I will always do what Josh asks of me.
After shutting my eyes, I slip back to…
The car hits us... I see her eyes…
We roll off the car… I see her eyes…
We land in the street… Her eyes are all I see…
The driver’s door opens… The driver, he’s staring at us… Then he looks—
“Mrs. Hamilton! Did you or did you not see my client…”
The badgering lawyer jerks me away from my memory. He’s trying to break me, confuse me, but what he doesn’t seem to realize is that his client—the one he’s defending for money—took a precious gift from me, from my Crew. They’re the ones staring at me with so much irrevocable pain laced in their expressions, causing a fury to build within me. This lawyer’s belligerent behavior has finally awakened the woman in me. All the anger I have for the young man, the drunk driver who took my best friend, makes me yell my reply. “He did! He saw us, and I saw him!” I stand and scream at the bastard lawyer who’s trying to scare me into a retreat. “And then he left! He ran! He left us! He left. He left… He left my Skyler to—” Energy bursts from within as I scream, “Die!”
Skyler’s mom crumbles into heart-wrenching sobs. Sky’s sisters try to comfort her while holding tissues to their mouths, clearly trying to muffle their own cries. The horrid lawyer’s eyes rush to the jury and see that they are also emotionally affected. One in particular, an elderly man, has a red aura and a disgusted expression directed at the lawyer, who appears to now recognize his mistake.
Faith, Jolene, her mother, and Josh’s mom are all crying.
Josh’s head has fallen, but he’s nodding. I did good.
Dereck’s jaw hangs, his expression indicating that he was stunned by my explosion.
Rocco is pale.
My emotional outburst controls the energy of this whole courtroom. Even the young Mr. Dooley in question breaks into sobs.
A wooden hammer slams down, repeatedly. “Order in the court. Order in the court!”
The way of the light
The light of the way
No matter what
I’m here to stay...

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
India! Even if it's my second time reading this, my eyes still water! (I'm on the bus *sigh*)
Oh what you do to me...

message 4: by India (new) - added it

Aw!!!! Thank you...

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments India R. Adams wrote: "I'm still stunned that I am about to release the second novel in the FOREVER series. Stunned...

CHAPTER ONE
A glimpse of the past

Bur..."

Still brilliant the second time! :)

message 6: by India (new) - added it

Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "I'm still stunned that I am about to release the second novel in the FOREVER series. Stunned...

CHAPTER ONE
A g..."

*Happy dance... wiggle, wiggle...*

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments I cannot wait! I need this book! Agggggg!

message 8: by India (last edited Apr 22, 2017 06:15AM) (new) - added it

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "I cannot wait! I need this book! Agggggg!"

Had a couple hiccups in formatting and then I am emailing it to you!!!! Yeehaw!