Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Amy Lynn
This topic is about Amy Lynn

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jack (jackjuly) | 254 comments I am pleased to announce that two weeks ago, a premier, successful literary agent has contacted me, just um, out of the blue. He read my first book, Amy Lynn. Just like many of my fans, my protagonist and her adventures captivated him. After serious vetting of this individual, his organization and his contract offer, (Holy Crap, he’s the real deal), I will sign a contract, early next week. He will begin the process of marketing Amy Lynn to Hollywood for Motion pictures and TV. For now, my books will remain under my control as a self-published author with no middle person publisher. Hell, they didn’t want me anyway.
I never looked for an agent or publisher. I never really did much advertising or marketing. I don’t have a blog or a writers group. I do have a few friends that helped me edit and made my cover. I have had several requests since I made this announcement elsewhere to offer others books, good books to my Agent. Here’s the thing. They don’t take queries. They find you. How did this happen? Maybe it was luck. But I know this. I never listened to another person tell my how to write or what to write. I did everything my own way in my own style. I have to believe that is what they are looking for, something just a bit different.
I thank all the people who have helped me to this point. I’m very grateful for this shot. Thank you so much.

Jack

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) My only advice is to be absolutely sure before you sign; don't hand over any money and don't sign away any rights. If the agent hooks you up with a publisher, make sure the publisher is legit. And read that contract carefully.

Events like this are rare, and if it's on the level--congratulations!

Jack (jackjuly) | 254 comments Ken wrote: "My only advice is to be absolutely sure before you sign; don't hand over any money and don't sign away any rights. If the agent hooks you up with a publisher, make sure the publisher is legit. And ..."

Thank you Ken. Yes, I too was highly suspicious. I never looked for an agent or a publisher. I'm just a happy redneck truck driver that tells stories. My agent Imd me and the first thing I typed was, "You're Shi%$ing me." I had him call my "Unpaid Agent," My best friend and someone a little more acquainted with the business. He called me back, "Uh, Jack, He's the real thing." Talked to him and liked what he had to say. He was real honest, he said, "the odds of anything big coming from this are very small, but, I read your book, I loved your book and these are the rolls actors and actresses want to play. I think this series has a shot." He sent me a contract. I got an entertainment lawyer and we went over it line by line. He recommended changes. I asked for and got the changes I wanted. The rest remained to be seen. But I gave him no money and he asked for no money. Actually he recommended I stay self published for now. I've watched how other medium to small publishers operate. I've seen some people get screwed really bad. You're advice is Golden Ken, thank you.

Troy Grice (troyjgrice) | 41 comments How much is he paying you? If nothing, then why are you signing anything?

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott Bell | 15 comments Great news! Please keep us updated on the progress.