UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Angela Marsons
This topic is about Angela Marsons
General Chat - anything Goes > It can be done

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments A bit of encouragement for those of us who are still struggling to sell even a couple of books every now and then.

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news/b...

Interesting to notice that yet again the publishers were so sure it wouldn't sell.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay!

I love hearing of author success stories. Surprisingly, I've not heard of her. I'm going to check her out.

Thanks, David!

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Shuker (kathyshuker) Great story!

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I read her books. I rate her very highly.

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Still seems to say it's who you know, though.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21787 comments yes. Being good is important but who you know means that if you're good, somebody notices

message 7: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Jim wrote: "yes. Being good is important but who you know means that if you're good, somebody notices"

And here I thought knowing Tallis Steelyard was enough.

message 8: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Feb 04, 2017 04:23PM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Tallis Steelyard is a big fish in a small pond. Who knows him outside Poet Naain?

Darn it I meant Port Naain.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21787 comments Exactly, the jumbled musings of Tallis Steelyard, read by hundreds in Port Naain, do not command that sort of audience in the wider world.
Now if Tallis had the sort of information on leading figures in UK and US publishing that he has on the establishment in Port Naain, he'd never be off daytime television (one way or another)

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Angela Marsons is one of my top authors, I love her books, pleased to hear she's doing so well. Well worth reading Patti.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks Anita.

Reccie a title I should start with?

message 12: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Silent Scream is the first.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks!

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments when I started reading Silent Screem I wasn't too keen but stuck with it as it had been recommended by a friend, by the time I was 30% in I couldn't put it down and have loved each book since then. The relationships really get going in Evil Games, the second book. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

message 15: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Seconded as a recommendation. I've enjoyed each Marson's book.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks.

Can't say I've been properly gripped by a book in ages. I miss it.

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21787 comments A good book is a holiday, a trip into a different world

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Thanks.

Can't say I've been properly gripped by a book in ages. I miss it."

How about an octopi anthology?

message 19: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Octopodes?

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments But Patti likes cooking ; )

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments And now I want calimari. Tut.

message 22: by T4bsF (Call me Flo) (last edited Feb 11, 2017 02:26AM) (new)

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) Καλαμάρι με σκόρδο - Calamari with garlic Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Now I want some too!

message 23: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I had calamari on Thursday night. Wouldn't recommend the restaurant, though. The food wasn't crispy, just warmed over. They shall not see my like again!

message 24: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Octopuses, being well known escape artists, don't take well too cooking. They're likely to leg leg leg leg leg leg leg it . . .

message 25: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Feb 11, 2017 06:10AM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments The octopus is a legate...

If the pope was eating it , it would be a papal legate.

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) Nice one GL (hope Kath's not looking!)