The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Have any of u read Harry Potter?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (mnallebach) Have any of you guys read Harry Potter? i f no u should sometime!

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 2 comments I've read the first 5 book in German long ago and abandoned book 5 some 50 pages before the end because I was really bored with it and the whole series.
Apart from book 3 which I liked best they all where basicly the same: Something happens before the school started to set the theme for the book, Harry and his friends arrive at the school, something happens to set Harry at odds with most of the other pupils, notably the Slytherins, Christmas, the whole mess is solved and everybody can see that Harry was right all along and they love him. It just bored me to no end.
A dear friend of mine once sais that the last two books are much better, so maybe I'll try them again some time in English and see if I like them then. So far I like Percy, the Kanes and Magnus way more.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4826 comments Hi Maddie - I moved this to the book discussions folder.

I have read the whole HP series and watched the movies. I really enjoyed them. I think they are a great series.I have started a re-read of the series this year, but I'm listening to the audio version this time.

message 4: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 14 comments I picked up the first Harry Potter book around 10 yrs back after the 4th movie was out..initially when the books first came out I wasn't interested but the movies made me give it a go and I wasn't disappointed. The books are really good and so are the movies...

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 265 comments I picked up the 4th book & started there when it first came out (hah not sure why) then read 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. I have yet to reread the series as a whole though I have listened to bits and pieces via audiobook. I loved the series & saw all the movies more than once. But thinking back I wonder if it was just the world that I was in love with. I got into participating in a few RP forums/websites where I pretended to be a part of the world for years (as a student, then a professor planning lessons for my wizarding students, etc. and made friends though that).

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4826 comments That sounds like fun, Kirsten.

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (mnallebach) have u guys heard of pottermore.com?

message 8: by Viir (new)

Viir | 3 comments I remember that my brother and I got the first three books on christmas when we were little (I was 9 I think). I started reading the third while my brother started with the first one. I was confused a bit, but later on I really got into it and loved it ever since. I remember I even dragged my dad to our local book shop on a midnight release (twice). I don't know how much I would have liked the books when I started reading them as a teenager or adult, but I don't mind. I really love them and the movies, a lot of room for imagination in this created magic world.

Maddie wrote: "have u guys heard of pottermore.com?" Yes I loved pottermore back when you could play in your house. Since they reshaped it and it's only a newssite etc. I'm not really interested anymore >.<

message 9: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 14 comments Maddie wrote: "have u guys heard of pottermore.com?"

Yup!!

message 10: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 265 comments I too liked Pottermore the way it used to be, where you could go through the pages unlocking items, & making potions, etc. I still go in it from time to time but not as much as I used to. BTW based on Pottermore, I am in Ravenclaw, my patronus is a Leopardess, and if I went to Ilvermorny I'd be in Thunderbird house. ;)