The Heir's of Fire and Fury discussion

Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
This topic is about Archangel's Kiss
What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
At this particular moment in time, I am currently reading Windwitch. It's pretty good at the moment, but waiting for some sort of reunion. They are all at interesting positions at the moment, but I wont spoil anything, so ill leave it at that.

message 2: by Ilse (new)

Ilse (ilmm) | 10 comments I'm currently reading Carve the mark by Veronica roth and to be honestly I dont like it, she repeated many things of divergent and besides its very cliche and predictable.

I haven' read truthwitch yet, but its been a long since I want to read it but I don't really know why I never pick up that book when Im looking what to read

message 3: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Ilse wrote: "I'm currently reading Carve the mark by Veronica roth and to be honestly I dont like it, she repeated many things of divergent and besides its very cliche and predictable.

I haven' read truthwitch..."

I'm contemplating whether to read Carve the Mark or not, but people keep saying it's not very good. I probably wont read it though, based on others reviews.
I definitely suggest reading truthwitch. Not gonna lie, the first book is a little slow, but the second book is really good, although there are some boring chapters, but other wise its really good. There are also really good ships in there.

message 4: by Ilse (new)

Ilse (ilmm) | 10 comments Madz wrote: "Ilse wrote: "I'm currently reading Carve the mark by Veronica roth and to be honestly I dont like it, she repeated many things of divergent and besides its very cliche and predictable.

I haven' re..."

we should be honest: almost in all the books there is chapters that are slow and not very interesting but I'de read a couple reviews 'bout this books and they talk very well about truthwith.
And going back about carve the mark, well if you read it good, I have read many reviews about this book, and they're very opposite because or they like it or they hate it but I think the opinion and feeling about it it's up to you and what does and doesn't like you

message 5: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Ilse wrote: "Madz wrote: "Ilse wrote: "I'm currently reading Carve the mark by Veronica roth and to be honestly I dont like it, she repeated many things of divergent and besides its very cliche and predictable...."

Yeh i totally agree about the slow chapters in books, they can still be great even with them.
I'll contemplate for the time being with Carve the Mark, i just have to find time for it, and start it. I have so many to read, that i just procrastinate about buying or reading. But i'm sure at some stage ill give it a go.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Carve the Mark is in my TBR list. I'm now reading Court of Fives, so far this girl Jes is pretty interesting

message 7: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Carve the Mark is in my TBR list. I'm now reading Court of Fives, so far this girl Jes is pretty interesting"

What's court of fives like? I don't know whether to read it or not, but it seems alright.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments I will tell you after I finished reading

message 9: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
ok cool :)

Amaleh (afanaticbooklover) | 115 comments Mod
I'm just about to start King's cage. I'm super hyped for it. Has anyone finished it yet?

Laili (lailinightlight) I really want to read Carve the Mark but now I feel conflicted... Also saw some article about how Veronica Roth uses problematic racist tropes in the book?

Well I'm currently reading Gemina. I just finished Illuminae and it was an amazing book!

I've read Windwitch too. It's better than the first book, in my opinion. Looking forward to the next one.

message 12: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Laili wrote: "I really want to read Carve the Mark but now I feel conflicted... Also saw some article about how Veronica Roth uses problematic racist tropes in the book?

Well I'm currently reading Gemina. I jus..."

I really need to read Gemina, but I get what your saying about Carve the mark, there are so many mixed reviews on it.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Amaleh wrote: "I'm just about to start King's cage. I'm super hyped for it. Has anyone finished it yet?"

Meeeeeeee o/ o/....... It was really good. Second book was crap but the King's cage was great. There were lots of chapters on Maven. And Cal was a looser -Just like I thought he would be at the end-....I can't say more that that. It will be a spoiler :p

~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Amaleh wrote: "I'm just about to start King's cage. I'm super hyped for it. Has anyone finished it yet?"

Meeeeeeee o/ o/....... It was really good. Second book was crap but the King's cage was gre..."

AGHHH I've heard some things about the ending and before I even started the book I read the ending to see if it was a good ending. My heart broke. What an idiot for choosing a fricking crown over Mare. Honestly.

message 15: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
they have to put drama in somewhere and that was obviously the way to do it, even if loads of fans now hate him. Ugh why so complicated.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments I never liked him. Okay, maybe at first but then I became #TeamMaven. I know they won't like never be together again but I'd love that.

message 17: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Yeh, they were cute in Red Queen, but i think i became confused on who to ship in Glass Sword, but like the last third i began to rlly ship Cal and Mare. Idk I think its hard to follow a definite ship in this series, which I might say is not a bad thing.

Madz wrote: "Yeh, they were cute in Red Queen, but i think i became confused on who to ship in Glass Sword, but like the last third i began to rlly ship Cal and Mare. Idk I think its hard to follow a definite s..."

Well said.

message 19: by Elena (new)

Elena I am currently reading The Sun is Also a Star. I bought it recently because of all the hype around it, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't really like the romance in it. I mean it's about as fluffy and cheesy as you can get, but even so, I absolutely love the writing style. Oh my gosh, the idea to add little chapters explaining some history or the background of certain characters is genius! Also, I love Daniel, the male protagonist, and his views on the world. I still haven't read The Red Queen, I've heard mixed reviews on it. Should I?

Elena wrote: "I am currently reading The Sun is Also a Star. I bought it recently because of all the hype around it, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't really like the romance in it. I mean it's about a..."

DAMN. I was going to read that but now I'm re-considering. I hate it when you buy a book and expect good things and it costs so much, but then the book isn't really that good. I'm currently reading Before I Fall. I watched the movie with my brother last weekend and loved it, so I thought I would pick up the book. I'm enjoying it, not as much as the movie, though. I think it's because I watched the movie before the book and they are very similar so I know what happens in the end.

OMG yes, you neeeeeeed to read Red Queen. I love that series so much, like honestly hands down 5 star rating. I recommend giving it a go and see if you like it or not.

message 21: by Madz (new)

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Ik it's late but i'm reading King's Cage omg its amazing but i stupidly packed it away and have to wait to find it again! :( I'm having such bad withdrawal symptoms!

message 22: by Elena (new)

Elena Elena wrote: "I am currently reading The Sun is Also a Star. I bought it recently because of all the hype around it, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't really like the romance in it. I mean it's about a..."
So I decided to pick up Red Queen (I'm like 70% through it), and it's pretty amazing right now! I LOVE when I can find a book where I can't predict every little thing that's going to happen, and Red Queen has so far consistently kept me guessing. Thanks for the recommendation, and I'm going to keep reading!

P.S. It's been a while but I finished The Sun is Also a Star, and it gets progressively better. I ended up giving it 4 stars, so I would try it. It's a cute, enjoyable, and, at times, deep book, if you're up for a bit of cheesiness and cliche.

I just finished reading the evolution of Mara Dyer.... OMG for people who have not read this series you need to pick it up. That ending has destroyed me and I'm so scared to see how the series will end. Anyone else read this series? Because I need to fangirl BIG TIME with someone

message 24: by ankereads (new)

ankereads | 8 comments My current read is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Did anyone else read it? I just love it so far. So important, intense and powerful!

message 25: by Yv (new) - added it

Yv (yvrock) | 1 comments Amaleh wrote: "I just finished reading the evolution of Mara Dyer.... OMG for people who have not read this series you need to pick it up. That ending has destroyed me and I'm so scared to see how the series will..."

The first book of Mara Dyer series was the best one, I loved it but the others... not really. :(

Tami wrote: "Amaleh wrote: "I just finished reading the evolution of Mara Dyer.... OMG for people who have not read this series you need to pick it up. That ending has destroyed me and I'm so scared to see how ..."

YES, I LOVE THE MARA DYER SERIES. I do think that the first one is the best one, but with saying that I haven't read the third book yet.

Has anyone read the Angels' blood series by Nalini Singh? I'm currently on the second book and I am really enjoying the series so far.

message 28: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 1 comments Elena wrote: "I am currently reading The Sun is Also a Star. I bought it recently because of all the hype around it, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't really like the romance in it. I mean it's about a..."
I thought Red Queen was really really good! I loved the characters! But, for me, the trilogy got progressively slower and less engrossing details. I did enjoy the entire trilogy, but it definitely wasn't my favorite of all time. I do hope you enjoy it though!

Katie_Living_in_Bookland | 3 comments I'm currently reading Zero Hour by Bobby Akart. It's the second book in a series about a solar ray that causes an EMP event. It's okay, not my favorite EMP novel, it feels like more of a prepper guide, but I'm still enjoying it. Does anyone on here have good disaster recommendations?

Min wrote: "I'm currently reading Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I'm really enjoying it so far! I read up to 114 pages yesterday, and currently on page 115. It's getting really exciting that I couldn't stop r..."

I've heard really conflicting things about that book. Some say it's really good or it's really terrible and I'm debating whether to buy it. Apparently, the second one is phenomenal though. Tell me how it goes.

KatieReaderRose wrote: "I'm currently reading Zero Hour by Bobby Akart. It's the second book in a series about a solar ray that causes an EMP event. It's okay, not my favorite EMP novel, it feels like more of a prepper gu..."

No sorry, I don't know any good disater books. :(

message 32: by jenny da'neer (new)

jenny da'neer (siriuswood) | 1 comments i am actually reading blue lily, lily blue and illuminae

Katie_Living_in_Bookland | 3 comments I just started reading Star Wars: Rebel Rising by Beth Revis, and it is so stinking good. It's set during the time in Rogue One when Jyn is a child to the time when we meet her in the prison. The last three or four reads haven't been that good, so I was so excited when I picked this up and it ended up being wonderful. I just love it so much!!!

message 34: by ankereads (new)

ankereads | 8 comments I finished Flame in the Mist yesterday. It was sooo good, can't wait to read the next installment. I'm not sure whether I can wait till 2018 though 😦

Katie_Living_in_Bookland | 3 comments It's always so hard to wait for the next book. I know that authors make us wait that long because they have to get it all ready, but it still seems so cruel.

Has anyone read Lord of the Rings? Because I love the movies but I'm not sure if I should read the books, I've only just started The Fellowship of the Ring but I'm only 40 pages in so far.

message 37: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 1 comments ankereads wrote: "I finished Flame in the Mist yesterday. It was sooo good, can't wait to read the next installment. I'm not sure whether I can wait till 2018 though 😦"
I just starting it and I already feel that it'll be hard to wait the second book lol