Book Snails Book Group discussion

ARCHIVED > NEW! Random Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1150 comments Mod
If you're looking for a twist on the typical Buddy Read...here's an idea.

Let's try Random Buddy Reads! If we have takers and everyone pairs up successfully (THAT will be the challenge!), we might discover we have reading tastes in common with a complete (except for Book Snails Book Group) stranger! ;-)

Here's what we'll do: comment in this thread that you're interested in this Random Buddy Read; please comment ONLY if you honestly have time for a paired read with another member. We'll randomly assign you with a fellow Book Snail and you two will share a thread in order to contact each other and decide on a shared title to read together. You are in control of everything else...you pick the book, decide when to start, when to wrap up, discuss if you want to, invite others if you choose, go on tangents together to explain just why you loved/hated the book so much, etc...it's up to you two!

To be sure we pair these Buddy Reads properly, we'll only choose from people who actually sign up to be chosen off the Buddy Reads List, found in a thread under the Buddy Reads discussion topic. We don't want anyone being disappointed with their buddies...we know you all are serious about reading! If they have signed the Buddy Reads List, they are probably a good bet for being available and prompt for a Buddy Read!

Any questions, concerns, comments, etc? Please let me (Allison) know! This is a new thing I've generated tonight...if there's anything I have not considered (anything that might be a future problem) please bring my attention to it!

Ok...Buddy Reads List going up in just a few minutes! STAY TUNED!

message 2: by LiLi (new)

LiLi | 7 comments Interested

message 3: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Interested"

Awesome! Thank you Elizabeth! We'll keep you in mind for Random Buddy Reads ;-) and will pair you up when someone comes along.

message 4: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Interested"

Shall I add your name to the list in the other thread, Elizabeth?