Book Snails Book Group discussion

Books > Favorite way to read e-books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
Do you enjoy e-books? What's your favorite way to read them? (eReader, laptop computer, desktop computer, mobile phone, tablet)

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin | 579 comments I primarily read on my iPhone. It's great because I can read pretty much anywhere!

message 3: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
Yes! The convenience cannot be beat! Except of course when the dreaded "low battery" shows up.

message 4: by Bkwmlee (last edited Feb 03, 2017 11:51PM) (new)

Bkwmlee | 381 comments Despite the fact that I have a Kindle Fire, I actually prefer to read e-books using the Kindle app on my iPad. Primary reason for this is because I feel the Kindle Fire's interface is not as smooth as the iPad (I have no clue why). When I try using the highlighting and note-taking feature in Kindle Fire, takes me a few times to get the correct passage to highlight, which distracts from my reading, whereas on the iPad, it's immediate and I can highlight without interrupting my reading.

message 5: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1811 comments Mod
My old e-ink readers (Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Touch). Got 'em at shopgoodwill.com for under 15 bucks each.

They are the closest thing to a printed book I've found, although some folks claim the newer PaperWhite Kindle is even better?

Battery life is weeks instead of hours... and I can read them in direct sunlight, no problem.