CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

Miscellaneous > 2017 52 Book Pickup Challenge Website is LIVE

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 693 comments Mod
A big "Thank You" to Chesapeake Public Library's IT department who have shaped our new 52 Book Pickup Challenge site!

Which is now LIVE!!!!!

Click Here to create your account and begin logging in those books.

A few notes about the new site- we are no longer requiring reviews of the books you read. It's on the honor system that you read them and that they fit the challenge.

We still require the title and author, though. This is where there is one new step in the process of logging books: checkmark the box under "I read a book!" that says "I want to enter book details." (See picture below). If you do not check this box, you will not be able to log title/author.

photo NEW WEBSITE INSTRUCTION PICTURE_zps3a2etmmi.jpg

Also, ignore the activity points. We couldn't find a way to get rid of them.

Are you excited? I know I am. Go out and begin logging those books!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

message 2: by Justine (new)

Justine (jaimelinus0316) I'm so excited!! And it's going to be so much easier for me to log my books with not requiring a review. That's what's always messed me up the past...has it been 3 or 4 years since this started?

message 3: by Joanna (last edited Feb 06, 2017 09:03AM) (new)

Justine wrote: "I'm so excited!! And it's going to be so much easier for me to log my books with not requiring a review. That's what's always messed me up the past...has it been 3 or 4 years since this started?"

Wow... let me think... yes, I believe it has been 3 years. Liz started it in 2014, if I remember correctly. Wow. Time flies. And yes, it is definitely much easier without the review. I've stopped adding books in years past just because I couldn't think of a review (or was too lazy). Lol. Hopefully this will encourage more people to participate since they just have to log in the title/author. :)

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 46 comments I'm signed in,just need a quiet moment to get them listed,
well I guess I can toss those reviews,I did have written,I know it will make it easier on me,sometimes my reviews got a little wordy.
looking forward to another great year of reading.Lyn

message 5: by Rhoda (new)

Rhoda Hi, over the past couple days I haven't been able to get to the 52 Book Pickup site from Infopeake. Is this just me? Do you know what's going on? I'm signed up already, I just can't get the site to come up.

message 6: by Joanna (new)

Rhoda wrote: "Hi, over the past couple days I haven't been able to get to the 52 Book Pickup site from Infopeake. Is this just me? Do you know what's going on? I'm signed up already, I just can't get the site to..."

Hello! Yes, there was a problem with the links on the library website. It has been fixed so you should be able to access the site through that now. You can also click: http://52books.infopeake.org/

Let me know if you need anything else!

message 7: by Rhoda (new)

Rhoda Great--thank you!!

message 8: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 61 comments Does anyone know how to delete a book? I accidentally entered one twice

message 9: by Joanna (new)

Kayzee wrote: "Does anyone know how to delete a book? I accidentally entered one twice"

Hi, Kayzee. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the site, we are unable to delete or modify entries. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Let me know if you have any other questions!