What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance, Regency or thereabouts. Not a lot to go on, unfortunately. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The one thing I can remember clearly is that after it was determined the two main characters would marry, he picks her up from where she's living and takes her on a carriage ride. During the ride he gives her an engagement ring set with stones that spell out her name. So emerald for E, peridot for P, etc. I think they had a somewhat tumultuous courtship, and maybe he was stern and standoffish, but he was pretty smitten with her.

message 2: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 113 comments Serena wrote: "The one thing I can remember clearly is that after it was determined the two main characters would marry, he picks her up from where she's living and takes her on a carriage ride. During the ride h..."

I think you may be thinking of Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase . If I'm correct, in the scene you're remembering he is thinking of the jeweller suggesting a ring with stones spelling out dearest and is shuddering at the thought :)

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
During Victorian times it was very popular to spell out the beloveds name with gem stones. Which made for some really weird looking rings. So perhaps this was set in Victorian times rather than Regency.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Loretta Chase might be the one. I know I've read it more than once, and I was a bit unsure if the guy actually gave her the ring or if it was just something he mentioned as a joke, so it seems to be about right. Consider this one solved. Thanks!

message 5: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 113 comments Serena wrote: "I think Loretta Chase might be the one. I know I've read it more than once, and I was a bit unsure if the guy actually gave her the ring or if it was just something he mentioned as a joke, so it se..."

One of my faves, you're welcome :)