Play Book Tag discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
Archive: Other Books > The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments It took me what seemed like an age to listen to this audiobook. School holidays, Christmas, and overseas visitors seriously hindered my ability to listen as I usually do. I think the time spent getting through it seriously effected how I felt about The Name of the Wind. That being said, I was still fairly absorbed in this sprawling tale of the notorious wizard Kvothe. The audiobook was very well done. I liked it enough that I think I will continue the series, but I had heard so many rave reviews that I thought it was going to be a-maze-ing. Don't get me wrong. I liked it. I just didn't LOVE it.

Marina (sonnenbarke) Same here, Susie. I liked it a lot, but didn't love it or think it was amazing. I've been told the second book in the series is better, though. I really have to get hold of it, I have sort of abandoned this series, despite my intention on continuing it.

Susie | 4488 comments Good to know Marina. I think I'll wait a while and listen to the second. I find I can only read fantasy once in a while or they all start to merge!