Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please add this book that I have read.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Roberta | 5 comments Hello!

First of all, thank you for all of your hard work.

Please can you add the following book. I found it in a secondhand store, and as far as I can tell, it's not on Goodreads.

Perfect Pigeon
Richard Wormser
Paperback 128 pgs
Gold Medal Books, Fawcett Publications
No ISBN or ASIN

Description (Taken from back cover)

Easy come, easy go...

That's the life of the third-rate con men who fake their way in and fleece their way out of swank hotels from city to city- one step ahead of the law, two steps ahead of each other.

But Mark Daniels was no third-rater. At twenty three he embezzled his way to a cool quartermillion. Sure, he got caught-that was part of his plan. But the money was safe. And when Daniels finished his stretch in stir he was young, rich and completely free from the long arm of the law. All he had to do was just sit tight until he could safely grab his dough.

Just sit tight. No problem at all for a smart guy like Daniels - until the sky fell down around him and into his lap dropped the loveliest girl in the world, with the slickest murder frame he'd ever seen.

Link to cover:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/4208033...

Thanks again! :)

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3494 comments Working on it. In the meantime, what is the source of your cover image?

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments Sorry to interrupt, Dobby, just have a quick question.

Hi Jennifer, sometimes these old editions can have an ISBN associated with them after publication. Is there perhaps some string of letters and numbers, even one that doesn't look like an ISBN, perhaps on the spine or back cover of the book?

Jennifer Roberta | 5 comments This was a first edition as far as I can tell, and I haven't found any strings of numbers.

As for the image, I googled, and after skipping past a whole lot of pictures of literal pigeons, I found someone had posted the cover on Flicker.

Thanks again for your help!

message 5: by Alex (last edited Feb 03, 2017 11:55AM) (new)

Alex | 2739 comments Jennifer Roberta wrote: "This was a first edition as far as I can tell, and I haven't found any strings of numbers."

It was a longshot, anyway, thanks for looking!

As for the image, unfortunately we can't use an image without permission from its creator (copyright issues). If you upload your own photo or scan, however, we can use it.

Jennifer Roberta | 5 comments Right. I can definitely do that. How should I get it to you?

Thanks again

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments You can upload it to your Goodreads profile here: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/new

Or provide a link to your image in your file-sharing site of preference.

message 8: by Dobby (last edited Feb 03, 2017 03:31PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3494 comments Here is the listing, btw, sans cover image: Perfect Pigeon