Dark Tower Project 2017 discussion

The Drawing of Three > 4. Final Shuffle & Final Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily Cait (new)

Emily Cait | 70 comments Mod
:)

message 2: by Royce (new)

Royce | 2 comments The Gunslinger was absolute torture for me and took me at least a month to get through. It was boring, there was very little dialogue, the world didn't make sense for me. When I started The Drawing of the Three I was completely confused as to why I was reading about "our world". When Roland is looking through his ka-tet's eyes and walking into their bodies, I was hooked right away. This is where the series takes off.

message 3: by Ľudmila (new)

Ľudmila | 15 comments I started to enjoy the book after Roland took Eddie to his world. Since that moment I was hooked and I am sure I will continue in the series :) I love Detta, Odetta and Sussanah. And the Pusher... OMG :D Other characters aren't entirely good or evil but showing Jack Mort as straight sick murderer without remorse was great way to make Roland seem far better and maybe even as good person with set moral rules.

message 4: by Emily Cait (new)

Royce wrote: "The Gunslinger was absolute torture for me and took me at least a month to get through. It was boring, there was very little dialogue, the world didn't make sense for me. When I started The Drawing..."

I also really felt the series hook me at this point. It's a shame that The Gunslinger is so different.

message 5: by Emily Cait (new)

Ľudmila wrote: "I started to enjoy the book after Roland took Eddie to his world. Since that moment I was hooked and I am sure I will continue in the series :) I love Detta, Odetta and Sussanah. And the Pusher... ..."

TRUE! Compared to Jack Mort, Roland does look more like a traditional hero. Seeing Rolan take over Mort's body and use him is a little morally grey....

But throughout Roland's time in Mort's body, he does show some morals. Like when he chooses to shoot the weapons out of the police officers hands -- opposed to murdering them. In contrast, we have the police officer who indiscriminately shoots into the pharmacy without a care for innocent bystanders. Both are 'gunslingers,' but Roland seems to be the one with a moral compass.

It was nice to see Roland become a more complex character. I'm looking forward to the next book :)