Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dan'e January Reads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments 1. Twelve Dogs of Christmas, David Rosenfelt. Mystery light. 4
2. Order To Kill. Kyle Mills did a great job in stead of Vince Flynn. 4Plus
3. Hour of the Red God, Richard Crompton. Interesting mix of politics, mystery and culture in Nairobi. 4Plus
4. Brighton, Michael Harvey. Set in Boston neighborhood by one of my favorite authors. 4Plus
5. The Visitant, Katherine Gear. Chaco Canyon, NM, circa 1200 and present day. 4Plus
6. Powerless, Tim Washburn. The lights go out. 3Plus
(Four books in a row rated 4plus is a record and a great start to the year).

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1181 comments I'm glad you liked Hour of the Red God. I've been meaning to read Brighton soon too.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3586 comments I picked up a copy of Hour of the Red God on the cheap and hope to get to it this month!

message 4: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Sandi, Hour of the Red God was very interesting. Next time I go to Santa Fe I'm going to detour to Chaco Canyon for a day or two.

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3557 comments totally a great start to the year!

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1592 comments I really need to get back to the Rosenfelt books :) Great month Dan!

message 7: by Garner (new)

Garner Odell (goodreadscomgarner_odell) | 3 comments Did anyone read Emerald by Garner Scott Odell yet? It's the first book in the Gemstone Thriller Series.

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7759 comments Always good to have a series of 4+'s! And who could go wrong with a book set in Boston? I may have to check that one out.

message 9: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Michael Harvey's last series was set in Chicago (good) but he had the misfortune of growing up in Boston (bad).

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7759 comments Dan in AZ wrote: "Michael Harvey's last series was set in Chicago (good) but he had the misfortune of growing up in Boston (bad)."

uh-huh.

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14179 comments Great start to the year Dan!
I've got my eye on The Visitant and Hour of the Red God but neither appears available on audio. Boo.