Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Group Reads Archive > March 2017 Group Read Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Feb 02, 2017 01:02AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4654 comments Mod
Sorry for the lateness in posting this nomination thread.

We need to select our March group read theme. You can select a theme that relates to action/adventure in a broad sense. It can be a theme we have read in the past, even though we don't repeat read books. We're not looking for books right now. Just themes. Feel free to write a descriptor if you want to make sure people get your point.

The poll will go up on February 9th.

Themes So Far:

*Urban Fantasy Action

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4654 comments Mod
I nominate Urban Fantasy Action

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 2892 comments Mod
Okay...I'll just second yours.

message 4: by Lost Planet Airman (last edited Feb 02, 2017 12:21PM) (new)

Lost Planet Airman Well, for mysterious and undisclosed reasons, I would like to read The Count of Monte Cristo, Kon-Tiki, or Five Weeks in a Balloon. Anybody want to help me nominate themes that would fit?

"Revenge"
"Prison Break"
"Sailing"
"Science Adventure"
"African Adventure"

If I'm limited to one nomination and had to pick a favorite, I'll go with "Sailing" -- there's some other good book choices in the category, beyond Kon-Tiki, that are out there, too.

(And feel free to pick up the banner for one of my other choices!)

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Hi, Mike. Can we do something other than sailing since we are doing action at sea this month?

Lost Planet Airman Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "Hi, Mike. Can we do something other than sailing since we are doing action at sea this month?"

Yeah, I saw that I had forgotten to check the current read... and I don't have a pressing need for Verne, either. So scratch out my bottom 3 nominations and go with:

"Revenge"
"Prison Break"

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Sounds good. How about revenge and you can offer Prison Break for April?

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

The poll is up, and it closes in 5 days:

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...