Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Group Reads Archive > February 2017 Action at Sea Group Read: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4680 comments Mod
Our February read is a classic, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Join us as we read and discuss!

Cindy Tomamichel | 8 comments The Mysterious Island is almost a sequel to Twenty Thousand Leagues. Does anyone know if Capt Nemo pops up in any of his other works?

Cindy Tomamichel | 8 comments The Mysterious Island is almost a sequel to Twenty Thousand Leagues. Does anyone know if Capt Nemo pops up in his other works?

message 4: by Lost Planet Airman (last edited Feb 06, 2017 08:04AM) (new)

Lost Planet Airman Cindy wrote: "The Mysterious Island is almost a sequel to Twenty Thousand Leagues. Does anyone know if Capt Nemo pops up in his other works?"

Having been reading Alan Moore's "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" comic books, I was also curious. Wikipedia cites Mysterious Island and 20,000 Leagues, then says he also "makes a cameo appearance in Verne's play Journey Through the Impossible (1882)".

Cindy Tomamichel | 8 comments Thanks, Mike. I enjoyed Mysterious Island, I might hunt up the play.