Reader's Paradise discussion

Book Of The Month! > Me Before You - Feb 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex–Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel—and now he’s pretty sure he cannot live the way he is.

Will is acerbic, moody, bossy—but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living.

message 2: by HeyLucindaO! (new)

HeyLucindaO! (heylucinda) Oooh this should be interesting. Not something I go for normally but I am keen on changing things up a bit. Luckily I have not seen the movie! :) I should have my book real soon... probaby mid next week :)

PS: It is a long weekend here in NZ... happy days.

Happy reading everyone

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone started?
I read the prologue. Met Will.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucinda wrote: "Oooh this should be interesting. Not something I go for normally but I am keen on changing things up a bit. Luckily I have not seen the movie! :) I should have my book real soon... probaby mid next..."

I'm also trying to try new things this year, but this genre is my safe zone.
Haven't watched the movie yet, nor planning to.
Hope you join us soon :)

message 5: by Roberto (new)

Roberto (roguijape) Ok. I won't spoil anything, but here's the thing. This book may seem as just another pink romantic novel, when it's actually a lesson in so many levels that I think it went horribly underrated, even when it was a best-seller.

Sometimes love comes from the least expected places... like for example, from within yourself.

Hope you all enjoy it. I know I did. And I will give my wife son bee-stockings.

message 6: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I will be joining in from today

message 7: by Tripti (new)

Tripti Saini | 21 comments I will be joining soon. Sounds like a good read.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 89 comments I started yesterday and it is very goood.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Read two chapter. Characters are great, not to forget funny too. Language is crisp. Overall nice read so far. Hope it won't become cheesy afterwards. (view spoiler)

message 10: by HeyLucindaO! (new)

HeyLucindaO! (heylucinda) Sorry guys, I'll have to sit out on this one. Great book, but... I'm just not that into it. It's me not the book... :). I'm afraid its a book breakup. I'll join in on the March read :) Happy reading.

message 11: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Breakups are bound to be a part of the month of romance ;)

message 12: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Interesting beginning. Couple of chapters into it and enjoying it so far.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lou just met Will, and Will is acting all weird. I guess he really needs to be cheered up. Lou was a good choice. Let's see.

message 14: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I like the sarcastic tone of Will. Yeah he looks hard boiled. Especially the kind of life he used to live.....
A couple of chapters more and enjoying the ride so far.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

On 6th (or maybe 7th, not sure) chapter.
(view spoiler)

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 89 comments I am at 60 % and a bit in love with Will and Lou. Lovely read.

message 17: by HeyLucindaO! (new)

HeyLucindaO! (heylucinda) Ah... now i kind of regret my book breakup since Rebecca is now in love with Will and Lou!! I'm jealous

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 89 comments I finished and it was overwhelming....... Loved it though can find a flaw here and there. Such adorable characters..

message 19: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Glad you liked it. I didn't progress beyond 4 chapters and would continue it this week....

message 20: by Sree (new)

Sree | 174 comments A heavy read, I should say.

message 21: by Sree (new)

Sree | 174 comments But a fantastic story, with witty dialogues and well defined characters... I had a love hate relationship with this book

message 22: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Will's sarcasm is what I'm loving the most. Yeah the dialogues are witty :)
On Chapter7

Regarding Chapter 4 Will Lou conversation
(view spoiler)

message 23: by PannagaSamir (new)

PannagaSamir  (pannagasamir) | 4 comments Finished the book on 13th and the sequel just now book was i enjoyed more than book 2 and this was my second time reading me before you so it did feel more of SickLit vibe when i read it last year i got a contemporary romance

message 24: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments sickLit? So you didn't enjoy it?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree on that SickLit vibe.
Anyway, I'm on 11th chapter, really liking Lou's narration. She's funny. Her fights with Treena reminds me of Monica and Rachel :P

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

The chapter from prespective of Will's mother was very much needed. I think few chapters from Will's prespective would be amazing too.

message 27: by Ditsa (last edited Feb 15, 2017 09:09PM) (new)

Ditsa | 47 comments I finished the book last night. It was a very interesting read. :)

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 89 comments The different perspectives had me a bit confused. There is one by Treena Lois sister and by the end I couldn't understand whether iy was Lou or her sister talking.

message 29: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments Treena's perspective @Rebecca

message 30: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments I'm extremely happy that all of you are enjoying this book so much :D
It's my absolute fav of 2016!!!

message 31: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments I personally have few questions on which I like to have your opinions on. Will post those by Feb end so that everybody would have finished it by that time.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Paused all my other books just to finish this one, since it was getting very interesting.
It was amazing.
Need some time to sort out my thoughts, so I can be definite.

message 33: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments @A
Hehe that's awesome! How far?

I don't have time to read this again but still couldn't resist listening to a few chaps on audiobook!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Sundara, I finished it the day I posted the comment.
Didn't you get my mail about it?

message 35: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments Yeah :) So shall we discuss?
Who all are still reading?

message 36: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I'm still reading. At Chapter 11.
So far good. The different POV was very much needed...

message 37: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I'm a fan of Will's humor and conversation style!

message 38: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments @Gorab
Yeah and the timing of their POV was very apt! We can wait until you finish!
Have you seen the movie?

message 39: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Yes I saw the film last year. Wife enjoyed more than I did. So I know the basic theme and faintly remember the ending (may be?).

message 40: by Ditsa (new)

Ditsa | 47 comments Reading the sequel now...
Enjoying a different Lou, but missing Will's humour.

message 41: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments @G
Alright! So you were kinda prepared..I went into this knowing nothing and it was a slap in the face!

message 42: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments @Ditsa
Really?
I was hesitant to pick this up because I don't want this book to mess up my love for the first book!!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha ha..Sundara, I was prepared from the first page, but (view spoiler)

I'm reluctant to read the second book. Without Will? Nah.

message 44: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 553 comments Yeah,I can imagine! But still it was a darn good read right?
Also-Did you get my mail? I'm still waiting for your POV:P

message 45: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Going slow. At 50% where (view spoiler)
This is getting more interesting :)

message 46: by Tripti (new)

Tripti Saini | 21 comments Same here. On 16th chapter!

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments I read this book some time ago and really enjoyed it and I still remember it quite clearly. I did read the sequel 'After you' but was disappointed as I felt 'Me before you' should've stayed as a stand alone book in my opinion.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Hearing all these things about After You, I don't think I'd ever read it.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Gorab, Tripti, how much done?

message 50: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I'm going a chapter a day (excluding weekends).... don't remember where but somewhere around 18?
This is a comfort read.... And I'd be taking it slightly faster as it replaces Night train at my coffee breaks :)

« previous 1