Who's Your Author? discussion

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
Archives 2017 > Discussion for How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Discussion for the first book in the Love at Stake series called How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

Nobody said love was perfect...

Roman Draganesti is charming, handsome, rich...he's also a vampire. But this vampire just lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop-sided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan, either. After witnessing a gruesome murder, she's next on the mob's hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral, because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her?

Have you read this one? Will you do a reread? Let us know what you think

Leigh | 1124 comments I loved this book! I plan on re-reading it this month.

Jenn | 59 comments I loved this book also, I have the whole series and was thinking of re reading them.

Leigh | 1124 comments Jenn wrote: "I loved this book also, I have the whole series and was thinking of re reading them."

I'm doing that with a couple of my friends. I'm introducing them to the series. I hope they love it as much as I do.

Jenn | 59 comments I hope so too. it's an awesome series. do you have a favorite book?

Leigh | 1124 comments Jenn wrote: "I hope so too. it's an awesome series. do you have a favorite book?"

They were all good so not sure which one I would choose. This book does have a special place in my heart because it introduced me to one of my favorite authors.

Jenn | 59 comments This was the first one I read too! I just couldn't resist the title.

Jenn | 59 comments I sometimes read books out of order before realizing it's the wrong order lol

Jenn | 59 comments I think this would be a great TV series.

Leigh | 1124 comments Jenn wrote: "This was the first one I read too! I just couldn't resist the title."

That's one of the things that captured my attention. I find it funny that she spoofs book and movie titles.

message 11: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina Bartz | 554 comments I started this one yesterday. I think I have read some of the later ones because the Highlander vampires seem familiar. I am enjoying this one so far. I bought the e-book some time ago, on sale, and now I have a good incentive to read it. I have so many TBRs in my Nook and Kindle app libraries that I often use Goodreads (Buddy reads, challenges, etc.) to help me decide what to read next.

message 12: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn | 59 comments Same here Tina. I have too many to count and I just keep adding more instead of trying to read them.

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn | 59 comments The Highlander vampires crack me up.

message 14: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina Bartz | 554 comments Jenn wrote: "Same here Tina. I have too many to count and I just keep adding more instead of trying to read them."

Good to know I am not alone! I have the entire Vampire Academy series and more than one book in several other series that I haven't even started yet. The marketing strategy of reduced/sale prices ( including the first book free or at greatly reduced price) and bundle/anthology "deals" definitely work with me.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments I love all the high jinxs that take place with Vanna White in some of the later books.

message 16: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina Bartz | 554 comments I just finished...I enjoyed it!

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Tina wrote: "I just finished...I enjoyed it!"

YAY I am so happy you liked it.