Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2017 > February AOM Kerrelyn Sparks

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments February AOM Kerrelyn Sparks

I picked this author because what is love without a little humor and I think she is one of the funny ones who does not seem to be as well known.

Bio taken from her webpage: http://www.kerrelynsparks.com/meet-ke...

Apparently, she has issues with reality. After writing 16 books about vampires and shifters, Kerrelyn has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet.

Although Kerrelyn is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on the USA Today list, she hopes her readers will love The Embraced as much as they did her merry band of vamps and shifters.

Kerrelyn lives with her family in the Greater Houston area of Texas. You can visit with her on Goodreads or her Facebook page, where she does a monthly contest. On Twitter, she posts as @KerrelynSparks.

If you would like to receive bookmarks, bookplates, or other swag that is currently available, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If you would like to order a signed book, please contact Katy Budget Books, and Kerrelyn will go there to sign them personally for you!

Kerrelyn Sparks is the New York Times bestselling author of the Love at Stake series.
How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, #4) by Kerrelyn Sparks All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6) by Kerrelyn Sparks Forbidden Nights with a Vampire (Love at Stake, #7) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8) by Kerrelyn Sparks Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9) by Kerrelyn Sparks Vampire Mine (Love at Stake, #10) by Kerrelyn Sparks Sexiest Vampire Alive (Love at Stake, #11) by Kerrelyn Sparks Wanted Undead or Alive (Love at Stake, #12) by Kerrelyn Sparks Wild About You (Love at Stake, #13) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo (Love at Stake, #14) by Kerrelyn Sparks How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15) by Kerrelyn Sparks Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake, #16) by Kerrelyn Sparks Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake, #16) by Kerrelyn Sparks

Her next series, The Embraced is a new paranormal/fantasy romance series that is best described as Game of Thrones meets The Princess Bride. This world has two moons, and twice a year they eclipse (or embrace). A child born on the night the moons embrace will be gifted with a supernatural power. They are called the Embraced. Each of the five heroines is Embraced, so they all have a different kind of power. Of course, the heroes also have some awesome powers! So what can you expect? Action, adventure, suspense, spooky stuff, shifters, dragons, elves, witches, lots of laughs, and of course, plenty of romance!
How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

She has also written two historical romance books. These two historical romantic comedies are set during the American Revolutionary War. Book one was first published as For Love or Country by Forge (MacMillan Publishing) in 2002, and it was Kerrelyn’s debut novel. It was revised and republished in 2012 by Avon Impulse (HarperCollins) under the title The Forbidden Lady. Set in Boston, it features a James Bond-like spy with time-appropriate spy gadgets. Book two Less Than a Gentleman, takes place during the Revolutionary War in South Carolina

message 2: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments I'm looking forward to the new one How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

I might have the last one of the Love at Stake series to read, I think. Enjoyed most of them very much, cause they were funny & light & fluffy. And sometimes that's just what you need.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Same Sandra
I lost track of the Love At Stake series because my library did not carry them but now there are a bunch for swap YAY

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I really liked her Love at Stake series. Am looking forward to her new one too. I think I'm second on the list for it at the library.

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 59 comments I love Kerrelyn Sparks, thank you for this thread as I didn't know she had a new series coming out. I will have to go book shopping, especially for her historical books I didn't know about either. Ladies, you all just made my day:)!

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments The first three books for the Love at Stake series are on sale on both amazon and kobo. The prices seem to be progressive like book 1 is 1.99, book 2 is 2.99 and book 3 is 3.99.

message 7: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Today I received How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks from the goodreads giveaway. I am super excited to read it!

message 8: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Wow lucky you Dawn.

I pre-ordered the kindle so it must be on there and I hadn't noticed :)