Addicted to YA discussion

A List of Cages
This topic is about A List of Cages
Stand Alone > A List of Cages

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

Alex (saltcircle) Overall, I liked it. I think too much time was spent on Adam in the first half instead of Julian like I wanted. Favorite secondary character was Emerald and least favorite were the teachers.

I thought the ending was really rushed and convenient how the only person injured was Russell when so much could have gone wrong at that moment.

Kate (katespofford) | 61 comments I love love loved this book! I agree that the beginning felt a little odd, because the book's summary focused on Adam and it began with Julian. And I loved Julian (I grew to love Adam too...).

I can't say Emerald was one of my faves because all Adam needed was someone to tell him, YES CALL THE POLICE OR AT LEAST TELL YOUR MOM and Emerald kept him from doing that... I thought there might have been some backstory for her that might have explained why she told him not to tell but there wasn't. I think eventually it was Charlie, because he stopped being such a grump and finally came around enough to save the day, but for most of the book I wanted to smack him.

The ending was a bit convenient, I was kind of hoping that Russell had offed himself - that would have made more sense to me. All I have to say is that I'm glad Julian was safe in the end!!

Niki Blaylock | 2 comments I absolutely loved this book. And as a high school English teacher, I think it's an important book to have on my shelf.

My favorite character would have to be Adam. Because....well. My idealistic little self hopes that the young men and women in my class would be like Adam. At times he does seem a little too perfect and nice and accepting and abnormal. Yes. But this is fiction right? I still think he's realistic and it gives me hope.

I loved this book. Like- super loved it. I got an ARC of this book at the ALAN workshop (if you don't know what it is- google it. YA booklover heaven) and read it before it came out. This book made me smile and laugh and cry and make awful angry faces. And quite frankly- that awful Uncle can go to hell. I think death was a nice ending for him.

Kate (katespofford) | 61 comments Niki wrote: "I absolutely loved this book. And as a high school English teacher, I think it's an important book to have on my shelf.

My favorite character would have to be Adam. Because....well. My idealistic..."

What I loved about Adam was how he was a kid with ADHD, but he's the role model. It's so so rare to find a book where the ADHD kid isn't the one constantly in trouble or having ADHD be viewed as "negative."

Along those lines, I kind of wish we'd gotten to know Adam's mother a lot more, because she seems like one awesome lady to raise someone like Adam, and it sounds like there was a lot more going on after Julian's uncle came along.

Salha (salhavam) | 9 comments Hello!

Is anyone still reading this book? Or just began reading it?

I'm about to start reading it because I just got it on Kindle version. Can I still join in this discussion?