Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 441 (441 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Aoife (new)

Aoife Sheridan (Aoifemariesheridan) | 917 comments Hi,

Take a moment to tell the group, who you are, where you come from & what genre you write in.

We would also love to hear what you would like to get out of this group.

Look forward to hearing from you

Aoife

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Arntson I'm a mom, a soon to be published author, a super-wife, and sworn enemy to Caillou. I love anything that goes fast, I'll eat most anything (as long as it is no longer moving), and I rarely say no to having fun.

As most authors, my imagination is too big for a single genre. I guess you could say I write YA-New Adult, with a dash of fantasy, a tad of romance, a handful of death and destruction, and a truckload of societal dysfunction. I've been told my novel is the love child of Hunger Games and Twilight, who's HMO will only provide benefits for a birthing suite is overseen by Quentin Tarantino. (Ok, so my words, their comparison! - I'm a writer, what do you expect?)

I joined the group to learn, read and explore. I hope to make some friends that love life - and writing about it - as much as I do.
Oh, and if anyone wants to know me, that's cool too! My boat is big enough for everyone.

Hope to see more great stuff here!
--Jennifer Arntson

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin McAllion (kevinmcallion) | 4 comments I'm a journalist from Glasgow, Scotland, who finally took the plunge into fiction writing last year with my first novel Moristoun, which is black comedy that speculates about the afterlife for Scottish suicide victims. I don't really write in any specific genre but I do try to find humour in most of the things I write about. I joined the group to find out more about other authors and make new acquaintances

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (RachelChanticleer) | 39 comments Hello to the new members, welcome!

message 5: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (TLCauthor) | 32 comments Hi I'm T.L. Clark

I write romance.
Each stand alone book looks at love from a dfferent angle.

I'm currently writing a paranormal romance; vampires, witches & sorcerers :-)
(almost finished draft 1; eep!)

message 6: by Kevin. (new)

Kevin. Mckernan | 12 comments Hi all I am Kevin I am an attorney in NYC and enjoy reading this genre

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments Greetings! I wrote a post-apocalyptic dystopian novel set two hundreds years in the future but full of hope not despair which was released in Dec 16. Now I am editing The Rose Thief which is amusing fantasy and so much fun to work on. I'm a SAHM and general worrier who likes to read as much as I can and bake as much as I can. Every now and then I go for a jog. Great to meet everyone :)

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Drawe | 2 comments Hello! I'm Shannon, and I just recently published Conflict the first book in my Sin City Supernatural series. The protagonist is a centuries old vamp that runs Las Vegas...because if you were a vampire, why would you want to live anywhere else? I went exclusive with KDP Select, so if you're a Prime or Kindle Unlimited member, then you can even grab it for free!
I'm also brand new to Goodreads, so I'm just learning the ropes of the social aspect of reading. It's been fun dipping my toe in so far!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (RachelChanticleer) | 39 comments Hi all!

I'm a PNR/UF kinda girl too. ; )

message 10: by Nia (new)

Nia Markos | 3 comments Hi everyone, my name is Nia Markos. I will be releasing my first book March 2017 titled Elements (The Crystal Series) book 1. It is a young adult/paranormal/fantasy story of a young woman thrust into a world where she is to be the catalyst of saving all worlds.
My favorite genre is anything paranormal.

Preview: https://www.goodreads.com/reader/8219...

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NiaMarkos/

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (RachelChanticleer) | 39 comments Nia wrote: "Hi everyone, my name is Nia Markos. I will be releasing my first book March 2017 titled Elements (The Crystal Series) book 1. It is a young adult/paranormal/fantasy story of a young woman thrust in..."

Welcome Nia!

message 12: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments Nia wrote: "Hi everyone, my name is Nia Markos.
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NiaMarkos/ "

FB page followed :)

Mine is facebook.com/busswriter - great to connect!

message 13: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (MatthewSylvester) | 4 comments Hello all,

I'm a cross-genre author, with LitRPG and mil-scifi being the latest books I've released.

However, I did a taster chapter for a UF that I have in mind and the response was fantastic, so I'm now writing a UF novella! I'm hoping that it will turn into a series, as I'm loving the main character and her assistant.

message 14: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Robb | 1 comments Hi there,

I write in multiple genres and tend to mash them up when I do write. I love the urban fantasy meets fairy tale meets mythology turned on its head.

My latest book is an urban fantasy werewolf story with elements of humor, myth, and a touch of horror.

I have also written zombie books, but that was a few years ago.

I am really hoping to meet other writers, hopefully find some readers, and find some great book recommendations.

Thanks!

message 15: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments Matthew wrote: "Hello all,

I'm a cross-genre author, with LitRPG and mil-scifi being the latest books I've released.

However, I did a taster chapter for a UF that I have in mind and the response was fantastic,..."

OK so I should probably know but I'm rubbish - what is a LitRPG and mil-scifi and UF?

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments Suzanne wrote: "Hi there,

I write in multiple genres and tend to mash them up when I do write. I love the urban fantasy meets fairy tale meets mythology turned on its head.

My latest book is an urban fantasy wer..."

*waves* me too Suzanne, I love that genre mash-up! And it's so exciting to see all the different stuff out there to read.

message 17: by Apoorv (new)

Apoorv Samraat | 3 comments Hello
this Apoorv Samraat
i am a freelance content writer by (ill) luck.
But i am a writer by heart nonetheless, and i have written two books so far.
i delve in free style writing. where romance can cozy up with horror and comedy can chat with death or gloom or depression.
just like in real lif.
and i try my best to pull this need off entertaining-ly.
thanks
please check out my books here, or on authorsden or ultimately at Amazon where all writers go to rot in great surge of excitement.
1. Half Don John
https://www.amazon.com/Half-Don-John-...
2. Mutiny of the Dead
https://www.amazon.com/Mutiny-Dead-Pu...

They are both entertaining at every page, i promise and they are not expensive either
i look forward to your replies of any kind
thank you

message 18: by Sabetha (new)

Sabetha (aconitecafe) | 10 comments Hello,

I personally haven't published a book yet but I write in childrens books, and have a planned urban fantasy that I am working on.

I own a publishing company with my spouse who writes in Litrpg and urban fantasy.

I didn't know goodreads had groups until recently so I wanted to join a few and see if I could meet more active readers and such. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments Sabetha wrote: "Feel free to add me as a friend. :) "

Added :)

message 20: by Rickk (new)

Rickk III | 1 comments Hey everyone,

I write primarily in the fantasy genre, but I've also written in the post-apocalyptic and contemporary fiction genres. I've published three novels thus far, plus a novella and a short story. If you feel like taking a look, everything I've publish is listed in my Goodreads profile.

I'm in my late twenties and I'm from small town USA. I'm open to friend requests and more than happy to converse.

Here are the websites for my primary novel series and myself, respectively. Admittedly, there is some overlapping information.

http://rickkberry3.wixsite.com/realms...

http://rickkberry3.wixsite.com/author...

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael (DonMiguel) | 2 comments Hi All,

I'm a long-time benevolent lurker on Goodreads but fairly new member and forum contributor. Having travelled and worked around the U.K and various warmer climes, I'm now exiled in my hometown in the lingering winter of the North and squinting like a newborn mole-rat after spending the last three days (figuratively) chained to the keyboard in an attempt to hit a respectable word count before I can justify treating myself to an episode of Better Call Saul (season 2). I currently juggle parenthood with being a freelance translator and fledgling author. I plan to publish my virgin effort at adult, dystopian noir via KDP next month.
I love playing guitar, reading Elmore Leonard, dancing like nobody's watching and making killer guacamole, not guacamole-rats, though I may shoehorn them into a novel at some point...

message 22: by Lucía (last edited Mar 12, 2017 04:15PM) (new)

Lucía (antiviral) I'm chilean, I'm an architect but I currently make a living as a writer (ghostwriter, article writer, freelancer). I'm terrible at introductions, I like rpg video games, horror movies (no gore, thanks), history, books, fine cheeses, and tea. I was also an opera chorus singer for a while, but my stage years are over (for now, at least).

I've been writing since I was a little girl, but I've never finished a whole novel (for myself, not for a client) - my goal for this year is to finally finish writing a book and hopefully get it published (two, actually- I started one of them last year and the other... 7 years ago :P one of them is a fantasy book, the other a horror-fantasy book) In order to force myself to finish writing one of them, I'm releasing it in installments on wattpad- in case someone wants to take a look (it's in english, btw- here's my profile https://www.wattpad.com/user/LRamirezN). I've never been part of a writing group before, but I'm really excited :D

message 23: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments Don Miguel wrote: "Hi All,

I'm a long-time benevolent lurker on Goodreads but fairly new member and forum contributor. Having travelled and worked around the U.K and various warmer climes, I'm now exiled in my homet..."

Greetings :D

message 24: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Trosper (ADTrosper) | 3 comments I'm a SAHM, milker of dairy goats, chaser of chickens, grower of gardens, and ruler of the world inside my head. I started out writing and publishing epic dragon fantasy. Then migrated over to PNR type books. Mine are a mashup of Paranormal and Fantasy and they walk the line somewhere between YA and NA.

I love gaming, especially with my kids, and especially on MMORPG type games, though I enjoy some Xbox games too.

I'm a long time introverted lurker on Goodreads that is finally learning to come out from under her rock and say hello to people. So, hello. :)

message 25: by Lucía (new)

Lucía (antiviral) A.D. wrote: "I'm a SAHM, milker of dairy goats, chaser of chickens, grower of gardens, and ruler of the world inside my head. I started out writing and publishing epic dragon fantasy. Then migrated over to PNR ..."
Have you played dragon age? *-* Since you like gaming and fantasy (and dragons), I thought you might have- if so: hi! I'm a big dragon age fan. If not: hi anyways, and you should check it out xD
(I'm new too btw)

message 26: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Trosper (ADTrosper) | 3 comments I have it, but haven't yet had a chance to dive into it. Once I finish completing the various story lines on SWTOR, I plan to spend time playing Dragon Age.

message 27: by Lucía (new)

Lucía (antiviral) A.D. wrote: "I have it, but haven't yet had a chance to dive into it. Once I finish completing the various story lines on SWTOR, I plan to spend time playing Dragon Age."
yessss :D I have a feeling you're going to love it- bioware does great games. I've yet to play swotor, though, but I've heard great things :)

message 28: by Claire (new)

Claire | 25 comments A.D. wrote: "I'm a SAHM, milker of dairy goats, chaser of chickens, grower of gardens, and ruler of the world inside my head. I started out writing and publishing epic dragon fantasy. Then migrated over to PNR ..."

I can milk a goat - my Grandad used to have them on his farm, very happy memories :)

message 29: by Christina (new)

Christina Quinn (ChristinaQuinn) | 5 comments Hello! I'm Chrissy. I am a crazy person who loves cats, ballet, classic lit, wine, vampires and writing! I will pretty much write anything I have two fantasy romances published with Loose Id two self published paranormal romance titles that kind of push the edge to urban fantasy (I consider it a romance) and an Urban Fantasy novel and PNR short coming out at the end of the month. Both Self-published, oh and my crazy horrible New Years resolution this year was to write a book a month! And I'm a rambler as you can tell lol.

message 30: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Johns | 11 comments Jennifer wrote: "I'm a mom, a soon to be published author, a super-wife, and sworn enemy to Caillou. I love anything that goes fast, I'll eat most anything (as long as it is no longer moving), and I rarely say no t..."

Hi Chrissy! I'm equally into vampires and writing - so nice to connect! I'm a hybrid traditional and indie too (so sort of made myself sound like a fantasy character...), who writes in the same genres. Good luck with the releases!

message 31: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Johns | 11 comments T.L. wrote: "Hi I'm T.L. Clark

I write romance.
Each stand alone book looks at love from a dfferent angle.

I'm currently writing a paranormal romance; vampires, witches & sorcerers :-)
(alm..."

Hi - congratulations on the first draft! Chocolate - that's my celebration! I write vampires and other paranormals, so love connecting with writers and readers of this genre. Good luck with draft two (this is where I find 'adverbs' - my nemesis...)

message 32: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Johns | 11 comments Hi! So I'm a music fanatic and a lover of the anti-hero. As long as a story has passionate romance, killer suspense, a thrilling plot, and a paranormal rebel at its heart? I'm down with that. Right now I'm working on the third book in my Rebel Vampires series - a divided paranormal London where vampires are both predator and prey.

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (RachelChanticleer) | 39 comments Welcome everyone!

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (RachelChanticleer) | 39 comments Rosemary wrote: "As long as a story has passionate romance, killer suspense, a thrilling plot, and a paranormal rebel at its heart? I'm down with that..."

I am 100% on board with this as well. ; )

message 35: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Johns | 11 comments Rachel wrote: "Rosemary wrote: "As long as a story has passionate romance, killer suspense, a thrilling plot, and a paranormal rebel at its heart? I'm down with that..."

I am 100% on board with this as well. ; )"

It's what I love to read, so it's what I write! Then I get to be passionate when I banter about books or writing...which is me sorted!

message 36: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Mitchell (saundersm1) | 1 comments Hi All! My name is Saunders and I'm a fantasy writer. First book out and is currently FREE on Amazon if anyone is interested in reading ;) All about magic... I also just started a website so feel free to pop in for a visit. www.leperkinpress.com. Anyway, good to be part of the group.

The Free Book:
https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Who-Found...

message 37: by S.R. (new)

S.R. Mitchell | 1 comments Hello! I am Author S.R. Mitchell. I write Historical Romance, Historical Paranormal Romance, and Contemporary Paranormal Romance. My published works include Dark Rider, Second Chance with a Highlander, Highland Tides by Chance, and Bewitched by Christmas. My new book is due to be released May 15, 2017!
I also very much love and enjoy reading in my down time. I am excited to get the opportunity to know everyone!

message 38: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Johns | 11 comments S.R. wrote: "Hello! I am Author S.R. Mitchell. I write Historical Romance, Historical Paranormal Romance, and Contemporary Paranormal Romance. My published works include Dark Rider, Second Chance with a Highlan..."
Hi - great to meet you! I write paranormal as well. Good luck with the release!

message 39: by Brian (new)

Brian | 3 comments Hey everyone. I'm a fantasy, sci-fi, romance author. My latest novel is, "Kissing the Intern"
Kissing the Intern A Multicultural Romance by Brian Terenna
My other novel is fantasy, "Talent Storm"
Talent Storm by Brian Terenna

message 40: by JD (new)

JD Isaacs (JDIsaacs) | 1 comments I am a new writer. I have had an idea for a Fantasy Novel for several years and only recently started writing it. Writing is not something that I’ve ever tried to do, and I am new to both writing and the writing community. I started using the Snowflake Method and have my main characters, plots, outline and general feel of the book, and last weekend started writing scenes. I am looking for feedback, critiques, and general advice in all areas.

message 41: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Johns | 11 comments JD wrote: "I am a new writer. I have had an idea for a Fantasy Novel for several years and only recently started writing it. Writing is not something that I’ve ever tried to do, and I am new to both writing a..."

Good luck - hope it goes well! I've always written (I'm a fantasy writer) and the more you write and read the better. Being passionate about what you're writing goes a long way! Have a great day!

message 42: by Rin (new)

Rin Haven | 1 comments Hi, I'm Rin. I write in a variety of genres including fantasy, historical fiction, gothic romance, romance, and tragedy.

I'm a relatively new author, my book being self-published for about six months now, and am hoping to get friends and reviews. I don't really care about getting famous or getting paid. I just want to share my books and have people love them.

message 43: by Chrys (new)

Chrys Cymri | 40 comments Hi, I've written a number of books in the SF/Fantasy realm. I've just published the third book in my 'Penny White' series and I'm working on the fourth. The first one is called 'The Temptation of Dragons'.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 44: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Guzior (JLGuzior) | 2 comments Hi,

I'm J.L. Guzior, author of the Cedar Creek Wolf Saga, which is a paranormal romance novella series. I published my first book in March of this year and will be releasing Embrace, the second book in the series in May! It's been a very exciting process for me. I've been lucky to meet a lot of nice people, both fellow authors as well as readers along the way. I'm always looking for new friends on goodreads, so please feel free to add me if you're interested in paranormal romances!

In addition to writing, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! I read pretty much anything that looks appealing. In my opinion, the best books are the ones that make me laugh out loud! Strong, sexy Alpha's don't hurt it either :)

message 45: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (LisaScerina79) | 61 comments Hello am new here looking to meet other Paranormal Romance fans like me - am a huge fan of vampire/mortal romance and my newest love is the dragon shifter romance novels

Looking forward to meeting you all and having some fun :)

message 46: by Chrys (new)

Chrys Cymri | 40 comments Hi Lisa

Hmm, I sometimes feel the shifter thing is a bit of a get out? The dragon interested in my human female character is only dragon and she's only human. Although some people find that a bit icky!

Chrys Cymri

message 47: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (LisaScerina79) | 61 comments Actually am luvin the whole dragon shifter love relationship with a mortal - I love how they get protective especially when they are in search of a mate and found them...

How protective they get of them and lookin out for them - I guess am a hopeless romantic @ heart :)

message 48: by Chrys (new)

Chrys Cymri | 40 comments Oh, then you wouldn't like 'my' dragon. He insists that his human love interest stands on her own two feet!

message 49: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (LisaScerina79) | 61 comments do tell more *ROFL*

message 50: by Chrys (new)

Chrys Cymri | 40 comments *cough* ebook for free to anyone who signs up to my email list:

http://chryscymri.com/newsletter.html

In the meantime, this is Penny (human) confronting Raven (dragon):

Raven joined me in the empty space. ‘And where were you during all that?’ I snapped. ‘Standing by and having a good laugh?’
He cocked his head. ‘Not laughing. Waiting.’
‘Doing nothing!’
‘And would you have wanted me to charge in? The brave dragon saving the maiden from the nasty knight?’ He snorted. ‘Don’t you want equality in your relationships? You can obviously take care of yourself. Besides, you’re not a maiden, are you?’
My face was suddenly hot, and not from the sun still blaring overhead. ‘And you’re no Saint George.’

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9