Play Book Tag discussion

The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1)
This topic is about The Three-Body Problem
January 2017: Foreign Literature > The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin - 4 stars (cross-posted to PBT Stairs)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5068 comments What fascinating concepts this author's imagination conjures! This is one of the most creative sci-fi stories I've come across, and is a breath of fresh air in a crowded field. It starts in China's past and takes the protagonists through its revolutionary period, but the author goes back and forth in the timeline. It's confusing at first, and so the first half goes a bit slowly, leaving the reader wondering what's going on, but the hook that keeps you reading through the confusion is the computer game. Then when the real purpose of the game unfolds, it takes you unexpectedly in another direction.

When I started this, while I was reading I wasn't sure I'd be interested enough to continue the series. But now I know I definitely need to find out what happens.

Sushicat | 804 comments I appreciated this series - all three books - for all the new ideas and concepts introduced. Though it is confusing at times I loved it.