Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Testing (The Testing, #1)
This topic is about The Testing
ARCHIVES > February: The Testing Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Here is our February Battle of the book discussion thread!

Jump in and discuss the book as you read along (or chat with others if you've already read it)

** Be sure to use spoilers tags so any new readers can enjoy the book!
(Spoiler Tag guidance and help is explained here)

The Voting thread is still in another spot so, if you read both, don't forget to vote!

Erin | 24 comments I'll start reading once I get this book from the library!

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YAY!!! I was lucky and managed to catch it on a day it was free in the US (on Amazon).

I hope you love it!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I loved this book!

message 5: by Katriann (new) - added it

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2160 comments I really want to read this book. It's been on my tbr for quite a while. I hope I will have time to read it this month.

Krista | 1604 comments I loved this whole series! Gives me a good reason to reread :)

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! I hope you guys are able to read it!!

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments This book was really good and now I'm mad at myself for putting it off all this time! I rated it 4.5 stars instead of 5 just because the two main characters were a little flat compared to the other characters, and because there were similarities to at least 4 books I could think of and not enough original material.

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! I'm so glad you loved this one Farren

I did too! And the series, if you keep going, is pretty good!

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin | 24 comments I just started reading this book yesterday and it's so good!! It kinda reminds me of the hunger games and the maze runner in a way

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yes! It feels like it has really interesting elements of each, right?!

Krista | 1604 comments I agree, it does have similar elements. For some reason I enjoyed the Testing over those though. I think it was the writing.

Kikijanika | 2920 comments I've read about 50% now and I think it's really good. Like being back in the time when I read the hunger games and the divergent series. I hope the series will remain good 'til the end.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments I thought the way the author used test questions and answers in her world building was clever. I hate not having enough background, or when it ends up being a whole lot of info dump. I definitely plan to finish up the series as soon as I can.

message 15: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin | 24 comments I just finished the book and it was amazing! The story was pretty similar to many others I've read before but it had enough uniqueness to it to keep it interesting

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so glad you liked it too Erin! I agree - there were so many unique pieces to this one, even though it was similar to others in ways.

Do you plan to keep reading the series?

message 17: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin | 24 comments Yeah! I'm definitely going to continue the series!

Kikijanika | 2920 comments I just finished and loved this! Definitely going to read on!

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 27, 2017 05:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay!! I'm so glad you loved it Kiki!

The second one is really good too :)