What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Juicy Writing: Inspiration and Techniques for Young Writers
This topic is about Juicy Writing
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. writing guide for teens [s]

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Samantha | 70 comments I read a writing guide a few years ago that was really good, but I can't remember the title. I remember the cover was blue, the writer was a teen novelist from New Zealand and it had tips and a few prompts including "beautiful people ugly noses.

message 2: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments Well, at the risk of being thought that I can't tell the difference between New Zealand and Australia, John Marsden is a teen author who wrote a writing guide with a blue cover: Everything I Know About Writing by John Marsden

Samantha | 70 comments No, sorry the writer of the one I read was a woman.

message 4: by SBC (new) - added it

SBC (essbeecee) | 874 comments I can't think of any NZ female teen writers who have written books about writing. The only one that comes to mind is Joy Cowley's Writing from the Heart: How to Write for Children but that's got a red cover and her writing tends to be for younger audiences.

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments Perhaps this? Tasmanian author though, not NZ. Blue cover (see Librarything for cover).
Storytrack : A Practical Guide to Writing for Children in Australia and New Zealand by Sally Farrell Odgers
Kangaroo Press Pty Ltd (1989), Paperback, 159 pages

Samantha | 70 comments Nope.

message 8: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments This sounds like the kind of guide you are talking about, and it is by a woman, but I don't believe she is from NZ: Seize the Story A Handbook for Teens Who Like to Write by Victoria Hanley

message 9: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments Here we go - blue, female author from NZ who writes teen books. Is this it? Juicy Writing Inspiration and Techniques for Young Writers by Brigid Lowry

Samantha | 70 comments Definitely it!!! THANKS!!!

message 11: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments You're welcome. :-D

Samantha | 70 comments Juicy Writing....read it and found great inspiration.

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33330 comments Mod
Great! Thanks Samantha.