Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Do you read original shorts/series on reddit r/nosleep

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) I was checking out r/nosleep where there are original horror shorts and series. I thought some were good. Do any of you frequent it?

Mixofsunandcloud | 539 comments I've read some from there. Some were pretty good, but others can be hard to follow. It can sometimes be hard to find the first part, or what order they go in. Other times they include parts of the plot in the comments.

I haven't checked it out in a while, but if I recall, there are other posts that link you to ones that are worth checking out. And I like the rules that everything is true.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) True , it can be very hard to find the previous parts!

message 4: by JL (new)

JL Shioshita (uberproductions) | 148 comments I never heard of this. I'll have to check it out.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Joshua wrote: "I never heard of this. I'll have to check it out."

they have the best of Dec 2016:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSleepOOC/c...

the winner "A Package Marked 'Return to sender'" had me guessing to the very end.

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie (einna) | 87 comments I love this subreddit. I read it every night! One of my favourite series is the one about this weird life-sized plastic doll looking thing named Tommy Taffy. So messed up but so good. Third Parent is the first part in the series. I recommend it.

The author u/iia has some of the best stories as well. And u/Hayong, u/EZmisery, u/Pippinacious...

I read it a lot...

message 7: by JL (new)

JL Shioshita (uberproductions) | 148 comments Alex G wrote: "Joshua wrote: "I never heard of this. I'll have to check it out."

they have the best of Dec 2016:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSleepOOC/c...

the winne..."

Sounds pretty cool. I know what I'll be doing at 2am on a work night so that I don't fall asleep.

message 8: by Laurie | LOHF (new)

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I listen to the NoSleep podcast. Does that count?

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Bark's Book Nonsense wrote: "I listen to the NoSleep podcast. Does that count?"

They have a podcast? @_@ cool. Do you have the link handy? My daughter listens to the Nightvale podcast.

message 10: by Laurie | LOHF (new)

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments It's awesome. The link is here: https://www.thenosleeppodcast.com/

I subscribe thru podcasts on my Iphone. Search for NoSleep.

message 11: by Tori (last edited Feb 08, 2017 11:03AM) (new)

Tori (torithatnerd) | 3 comments I love The NoSleep Podcast! They move through seasons pretty fast and are in season 8 right now. The voice actors are great and I especially love the host! The stories range from genuinely scary to downright creepy. It's definitely worth a listen. New episodes go up on the weekends. :D

message 12: by Alex (last edited Feb 08, 2017 11:09AM) (new)

Alex (asato) Bark's Book Nonsense wrote: "It's awesome. The link is here: https://www.thenosleeppodcast.com/

I subscribe thru podcasts on my Iphone. Search for NoSleep."

Thanks so much! Season 8 ep 15. Blue Apron -- so funny yet so creepy. Is it like soylent green? Wait, don't tell me. Great mood music. My spine is all tingly w/anticipation! And it's still daylight. @_@

message 13: by Laurie | LOHF (new)

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I love how they've incorporated their adds creatively to fit in with tone of the podcast!

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I used to read No Sleep all the time until I discovered Let's Not Meet and now that's my favorite. some really scary messed up stuff on that subreddit!!!

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Rachel wrote: "I used to read No Sleep all the time until I discovered Let's Not Meet and now that's my favorite. some really scary messed up stuff on that subreddit!!!"

what? there's another one? does Let's not meet have a podcast too?

message 16: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments I always forget about Reddit. I think of it as a fancy Craigslist.