The INSPY Awards discussion

INSPY 2017 Long List Announced!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Staci (new)

Staci | 14 comments Woohoo! The INSPY Long List has been released.

http://inspys.com/

message 2: by Staci (new)

Staci | 14 comments What have you read? What were your favorites? Any surprises?

For me there are definitely some authors I've not heard of so I'll be checking that out. Here's what I've read from the Long List.

Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense
Silence in the Dark (Logan Point, #4) by Patricia Bradley Can't Help Falling by Kara Isaac Her One and Only (Porter Family, #4) by Becky Wade

Debut Novel
Counted With the Stars (Out from Egypt, #1) by Connilyn Cossette Close to You by Kara Isaac

General Fiction
Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar The Feathered Bone by Julie Cantrell The Promise of Jesse Woods by Chris Fabry Long Way Gone by Charles Martin The Alliance by Jolina Petersheim

Historical Romance
A Flight of Arrows (The Pathfinders, #2) by Lori Benton The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof The Ringmaster's Wife by Kristy Cambron The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep Newton and Polly A Novel of Amazing Grace by Jody Hedlund A Heart Most Certain (Teaville Moral Society #1) by Melissa Jagears A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3) by Roseanna M. White The Confessions of X by Suzanne M. Wolfe

Mystery/Thriller
If I Run (If I Run, #1) by Terri Blackstock Tangled Webs (Men of Valor #3) by Irene Hannon Missing (The Nikki Boyd Files #2) by Lisa Harris The Bachelor Girl's Guide to Murder (Herringford and Watts, #1) by Rachel McMillan A Lesson in Love and Murder (Herringford and Watts Mysteries, #2) by Rachel McMillan Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor, #1) by Dani Pettrey

Speculative Fiction
The Calling (Seer #2) by Rachelle Dekker The Long Journey to Jake Palmer by James L. Rubart

message 3: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Self (authordaphneself) | 1 comments My list of books read is this:
Can't Help Falling by Kara Isaac You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6) by Susan May Warren

Debut
Counted With the Stars (Out from Egypt, #1) by Connilyn Cossette Slender Reeds Jochebed's Hope by Texie Susan Gregory

Historical Romance
A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3) by Roseanna M. White

Mystery/Thriller
If I Run (If I Run, #1) by Terri Blackstock

Speculative Fiction:
The Shattered Vigil (The Darkwater Saga, #2) by Patrick W. Carr The Long Journey to Jake Palmer by James L. Rubart King's Folly (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1) by Jill Williamson

My list wasn't extensive this time, but I did grab a few books in genres I normally wouldn't read.

message 4: by Staci (new)

Staci | 14 comments D.M. wrote: "My list of books read is this:
Can't Help Falling by Kara Isaac You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6) by Susan May Warren

Debut
[bookcover:Counted With the Sta..."

Good for you D.M.! Slender Reeds is one that I haven't read, but looks like one I'd enjoy.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Van Nice | 3 comments My List of "Already reads" -

A Twist of Faith (Mitchell's Crossroads #1) by Pepper D. Basham Step by Step (Crisis Team #2) by Candace Calvert Just a Kiss (Summer Harbor, #3) by Denise Hunter Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2) by Melissa Tagg Her One and Only (Porter Family, #4) by Becky Wade You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6) by Susan May Warren

Debut Novel
Close to You by Kara Isaac

General Fiction
Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay

Historical Romance
The Thorn Healer (Penned in Time #3) by Pepper D. Basham The Thorn Keeper (Penned in Time #2) by Pepper D. Basham A Flight of Arrows (The Pathfinders, #2) by Lori Benton The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof The Cautious Maiden (The Everstone Chronicles #4) by Dawn Crandall The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep An Elegant Façade (Hawthorne House, #2) by Kristi Ann Hunter A Heart Most Certain (Teaville Moral Society #1) by Melissa Jagears A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3) by Roseanna M. White

Literature for Young Adults
The Beautiful Pretender (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #2) by Melanie Dickerson I'll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones

Mystery/Thriller
Always Watching (Elite Guardians, #1) by Lynette Eason Conspiracy of Silence (Tox Files #1) by Ronie Kendig Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor, #1) by Dani Pettrey

Obviously I'm more heavily into the Contemporary and Historical Romance genres. :) I've also got an addition 15 nominees on my shelves to get to when I can. It's a great group of books! Congratulations to all!

message 6: by Staci (new)

Staci | 14 comments Laura wrote: "My List of "Already reads" -

A Twist of Faith (Mitchell's Crossroads #1) by Pepper D. Basham Step by Step (Crisis Team #2) by Candace Calvert Just a Kiss (Summer Harbor, #3) by Denise Hunter [bookcover:Like Never ..."

Laura, we are definitely twinning on the historical part. That's what I've read the most of too. I'm not sure how many of the other nominees I own, but haven't yet read. I know there are a few.