Play Book Tag discussion

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
Archives 2018 and beyond > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by JK Rowling.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8841 comments Finished this 5 star read for the fourth time, this time with my 11 year old. In fact we spent the evening way past bedtime, just to finish it until the end. He loved it! Loved every inch of its beautiful tale. This one, book three, is but far my favorite of the entire series of seven. I will tell you why, but just in case there is someone left who hasn't yet read it, I will be discreet. Part of fun is unraveling the magic. Why is this one my absolute favorite? Of course because of the Marauders Map - but especially because of the (seemingly albeit complicated) friendship of Harry's father James that he shares with his close friends, that mirrors the friendship amongst Harry, Ron, and Hermione. This is a precursor to the constant theme - Harry is protected by love, and wherever he goes, he is surrounded by people who will stand for him. It is because of friendship and loyalty, that Harry always transcends the dark forces that try to surround him. It is the consummate message of our age. That love always and still wins out over evil. That love protects us, strengthens us, and that we are never truly alone. Revealing this book's unfolding to my son made me smile all day on Sunday, and last night finishing it made us snuggle and cackle with joy. Even my older one got into the act. He wanted to know where we were in the story. And got excited for how it all turned out. Older guy will start book six with me, when we finally finish the Lightning Thief.

For myself, just started the Light of Paris. Fits a personal challenge, my Stair Six of "Paris." About 10 books await in the hallway. February is going to be a delightful month.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1364 comments I agree with everything you said, Amy. This is my favorite story of the seven, but Deathly Hallows is my favorite book. I know that's weird. But, I just love how DH ties up all the loose ends. But, Azkaban is, by far, my favorite story because of the Map. I'm glad your 11 year old loved it! This just makes my heart happy!

Susie | 4488 comments This is my favourite of the series.

message 4: by Flo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Flo (matthewmurdock) | 147 comments Agreed, this one is probably my favorite of the series!

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1364 comments Love your Slytherin scarf, Flo! I'm a Slytherin, well, a Slytherpuff actually. Slytherin rule!!!

message 6: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Wow! I didn't realize so many ppl had this as their fav in the series- this actually ranks lower for me. My fav is The Goblet of Fire <3

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8841 comments Which of course is next for my delicious middle son. By the time we finish it, he will be twelve!