Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Los minutos negros
This topic is about Los minutos negros
Book Issues > Wrong book when search by ISBN

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elias (new)

Elias (hukitan) | 1 comments When I wanted to add to my shelve Once minutos by Paulo Coelho using the ISBN which is 9786074292237
then the search says is Los minutos negros
then my request is to change the ISBN to the correct book, which is i tink is Once Minutos
but there is the edition i have https://www.abebooks.com/book-search/...

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 26 comments fixed

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 26 comments This edition does not exist: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

Please delete this edition, a superlibrarian!

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19846 comments The book info came from Barnes & Noble, so they evidently thought it existed.

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Deborah wrote: "fixed"

Undone

GR policy is not to move ISBN between editions but to change the other details to match the ISBN if it can be proved that it is not the case of an ISBN being reused, which does happen

message 6: by Deborah (last edited Jan 30, 2017 02:26PM) (new)

Deborah | 26 comments

GR policy is not to move ISBN between editions but to change the other details to match the ISBN if it can be proved that it is not the case of an ISBN being reused..."

So you change title, author, etc. to match the ISBN?

I can't find Los Minutos Negros with that ISBN anywhere. Only editions of Once Minutos with that ISBN.

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 26 comments Abcdarian wrote: "The book info came from Barnes & Noble, so they evidently thought it existed."

I have searched everywhere for an edition with this ISBN but could not find it. They must have made a mistake.

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments That is not to say that it did not exist, the book was added to GR by the BN import in 2009 prior to the Once Minutos edition which was added in 2013 abet without ISBN's

Anyhow , if it is decided that the ISBNs belong to the other edition, the book should be separated and the details changed, the ISBN should not be removed and put on the other book.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 26 comments Makes sense.

If you search Barnes and Nobles with this ISBN, this comes up: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/once-...

While I know that ISBNs get reissued, I don't believe this was the case here. I believe a mistake was made, since all searches turn up Once Minutos with this ISBN.

message 10: by Codex (last edited Jan 30, 2017 05:07PM) (new)

Codex | 3401 comments How about this WorldCat entry for ISBN 9786074292237?
Especially, take a look at the cover: author and title.

This GR entry uses the same cover—but different ISBN. And for reference, the corresponding WorldCat entry.

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 26 comments Codex wrote: "How about this WorldCat entry for ISBN 9786074292237?
Especially, take a look at the cover: author and title.

That WorldCat entry is quite funny, as cover and title + author obviously differ. I believe there was a "lost in translation" mistake made as both books are Spanish and have similar titles.

I have searched high and low, there are only results for Once Minutos with the ISBN 9786074292237.

To my knowledge, there never existed a Los Minutos Negros
edition with this ISBN!