Poetry Writing Contests discussion

Poetry Help + Feedback > Tips for Writer's Block

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 429 comments Mod
What do you do to get back into a poetic rhythm when writer's block hits?

~Akweley♡Mazarae♥~★☆★oblivion★☆★~I CAN'T BREATHE~ (nala13) | 322 comments I read poetry by other artists, or reread some of mine, usually those from a substantial time ago...listen to spoken word, or music...sometimes, if my writers block is really bad, I will say, don't write anything for x amount of time, and usually by the end, I'm bursting to write something down. Or limit myself in someway, like, write a poem using only nouns, or with "colorful" words, or about a pencil, or something that is totally out of my comfort zone....but yeah, writer's block can be the struggle man, lol

message 3: by Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~, Challenges + Games Mod (and super amazing poet) (new)

Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~ | 526 comments Mod
I just wait till I'm emotional again

~Akweley♡Mazarae♥~★☆★oblivion★☆★~I CAN'T BREATHE~ (nala13) | 322 comments That is also a very effective strategy, lol xD xD xD

message 5: by Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~, Challenges + Games Mod (and super amazing poet) (new)

Lol xD

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) | 178 comments I just look around the room or my mind until i find something of inspiration.

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Writer's block has hit me again :(

~Akweley♡Mazarae♥~★☆★oblivion★☆★~I CAN'T BREATHE~ (nala13) | 322 comments lo siento, señorita. Anybody's tips help?

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) | 178 comments go outside in the nature and walk around brainstorming. that helps me sometimes

message 10: by Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~, Challenges + Games Mod (and super amazing poet) (new)

Evelyn wrote: "Princess Kavy of Books ~So everybody come on~ wrote: "Writer's block has hit me again :("

What is writer's block?

Dang, I'm soo dumb."

Like, when you can't think of anything to write about

~Akweley♡Mazarae♥~★☆★oblivion★☆★~I CAN'T BREATHE~ (nala13) | 322 comments Evelyn wrote: "Princess Kavy of Books ~So everybody come on~ wrote: "Writer's block has hit me again :("

What is writer's block?

Dang, I'm soo dumb."

You're not dumb love

Ardent || LoveArdent || Raya (loveardent) | 120 comments I just wait until I get struck by an idea, or I get a prompt and keep writing and writing and editing and editing until I find the needle in the haystack

Harley_Granger127~on semi-hiatus~ | 62 comments Listen to some music that has a very deep meaning. Some poetry in songs can help inspire you to write the same genre of poetry. For example, if you are upset and want to write, listen to Evanescence or Black Veil Brides, the songs they sing are very poetic and always have a deep meaning. If you want to write an inspirational poem, listen to Rachel Platten or Avril Lavigne, etc and so on

message 14: by Mapledream {Rose Gold}, Holiday Contests Mod (new)

Mapledream {Rose Gold} | 164 comments Mod
If I get writers block I'll go out and "live a little" (for me thats hanging out with friends or family or just going outside) and keep the thing Im writing in the back of my mind. Because if I think about something TOO much then I'll never come up with anything. I kinda have to wait for it to vome to me. Then once a good idea pops into my head while Im out living I write it down and do it when I have me time again.