Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Serial Killers Who Follow A Pattern, the Way the Fictional Ones Do

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12660 comments A pharmacist friend at another message board asked whether there are any real serial killers who kill according to a tidy pattern the way fictional ones do: Dr. Phibes kills people according to the Ten Plagues of Egypt; Leigh Emerson dresses up as Santa on Christmas and kills whole families; the Brigham City killer only killed redheads; and so forth.

All I could come up with were Anatoly Slivko, who recruited Pioneers (Russian Boy Scouts), and killed them in their Pioneer uniforms; Alexander Pichushkin, who vowed to kill as many people as there were squares on a chessboard, marking every square on his own chessboard as he went; Larry Bittaker and Roy Norris, who planned to kill one girl for every teenaged year of life (a 13-yr-old, a 14-yr-old, and so forth); and Heriberto Seda, who was trying to kill one person for every sign of the Zodiac.

Can people think of others?

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Fishface wrote: "A pharmacist friend at another message board asked whether there are any real serial killers who kill according to a tidy pattern the way fictional ones do: Dr. Phibes kills people according to the..."

Good question! I immediately thought of the Chessboard Russia guy. I will "thinks" on this.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.