NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > invited to read with NetGalley widget

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 162 comments Recently I've been invited to read a book. The publisher sent me an email containing a NetGalley widget. I've done this many times before - they are usually ones I want to read and I just accept them.
This time it is one I do NOT care to read.
However, it seems to be on my shelf - and - I believe it is counting against my feedback to review ratio.
I've not been requesting from NetGalley because I want to improve my ratio.
Now, without even requesting, I find that this affects it.
Is this usual?

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) (dorie--catsbooks) | 427 comments Usually it doesn't appear on your shelf unless you click on the widget they sent you. But since it already has all you need to do is just write a note to the publisher and tell them that you did not request this book and it isn't something that you want to review, then it will be off your shelf and that's all there is to it. I've done this before and it has never been a detriment to getting more titles from that particular publisher :)

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 162 comments Thanks Dorie.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 87 comments Yeah, if you don't want the book, do not click on the widget in the email. They should really make that more clear that clicking it will accept the invite and add it to your shelf. Or give you the option to click it so you can read more about the book without accepting the invite. I think that's what happens to a lot of people, they click the widget wanting to know more about the book before they accept it, only to find it's now on their shelf. If you want to read more about the book before accepting it, go to the website and find the book, don't click on it through the email.

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 162 comments Thanks Robin. I'll be wiser in future.