Project Mimir discussion

Books > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John (johnbrock) | 18 comments Tell us what you're reading and your thoughts.

message 2: by John (new)

John (johnbrock) | 18 comments I'm currently reading a comedy book called Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. It's laugh out loud funny.

message 3: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (il_medico) | 4 comments The White Oleander, which I highly recommend for pretty much all of you.

message 4: by John (new)

John (johnbrock) | 18 comments Ed wrote: "The White Oleander, which I highly recommend for pretty much all of you."

Would you recommend it enough to include it on the groups bookshelf?

message 5: by Joe (last edited Feb 02, 2017 08:14PM) (new)

Joe Bariso | 1 comments I literally just finished Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part V: Vento Aureo like last night. It was fun, it was a lot like part 3 but had a stronger emphasis on characterization. Lots of themes of fate and trying to escape it, coming to terms with yourself and your past. No spoilers, but shit actually gets dark and kind of meditative towards the end.

Also, technically reading Spring Snow, but I haven't really gotten far. And as always, thumbing through Psychology for Screen Writers when I have time.

message 6: by John (new)

John (johnbrock) | 18 comments What do they talk about in Psychology for Screen Writers? Is it mostly about how to write realistic characters?