UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Acid Attack (Jagriti the Change Catalyst, #1)
This topic is about Acid Attack
Agony Aunt > Need help with setting up free promotion on KU, please

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jagriti (new) - added it

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 201 comments Hello Everybody

I need your help again!

A quick query, I am scheduling a free e-book promotion on amazon KU. I want it to run on every sunday for consequitive 5 sundays worldwide. But I am a bit unsure how to schedule it to ensure it is available in Australia, India, UK etc for the whole day on the intended day.

Sorry, reason I ask this is because the details say the deal will start/end from mid-night PST. How should I adjust for the time difference?

Little help will be much appreciated as I am doing this for the first time and during my book launch, I messed it up a bit and don't want to get it wrong again!

Thank you all for your help in this matter - Jagriti

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I see nobody has replied. It's so difficult to get the timing right for a one day promotion. As I understand it, we're dependent on American time. It goes free in the US and then catches up elsewhere. I don't think you can make it free from midnight in different parts of the world. If a book by a British author goes free, it's not free here till about eight am. Many people seem to go for a three or a five day promotion because then the timing isn't so critical.

message 3: by Jagriti (new) - added it

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 201 comments Thank you Kath. It's been most helpful! :)

Seems a bit unfair though! So even if a book is available in the UK market only for example, it will still follow the american time. Probably we should ask amazon to make the promotions run on 24 hrs clock rather than on number of days. Perhaps then every country will get same amount of exposure. ...Just a thought!

Cherios & Have a nice day!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Shuker (kathyshuker) I can see where you're coming from, Jagriti, but Amazon's biggest market is the States and I imagine the logistics of adapting the time zones to suit all would be enormous. And there is an argument, apart from convenience, for making your promotion longer: they can generate and build up more interest as the word gets out. It certainly makes it easier to promote.

Hope it goes well!

message 5: by Jagriti (new) - added it

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 201 comments Thanks you, Kathy!

By the way, if the promotion in UK will start at 8 in the morning, then will it also end at 7.59 in the morning the next day, or will it still finish at midnight UK time?

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments It runs the full 24 hours.

message 7: by Jagriti (new) - added it

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 201 comments Aah, I see!

Thank you Kath. It makes a lot more sense now.

Cheers & Have a nice day! :)

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Baker Yes - re all of the above. I am running a free kindle promo and had to explain to my blog readers that it's PST. But i do think most regular users are aware so no worries.