What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book series, 5 medical students who are flatmates. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hamaoui (mich_h) | 0 comments I think I only read two books out of this series. If I remember well, it was about five flatmates who are all in the medical field one of them is in kinesitherapy (I remember looking it up) maybe another is an EMT but not sure. In the one i read, one of them gets assaulted or something. Even though I really remember specific things, no character names comes to mind and couldn't find anything online no matter where I looked. I'd feel ridiculous if any of you can help out but it'd be appreciated.

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie | 276 comments How can this be YA if they all have careers in the medical field?

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hamaoui (mich_h) | 0 comments they're still students in the medical field, sorry i thought i mentioned it

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie | 276 comments Michelle wrote: "they're still students in the medical field, sorry i thought i mentioned it"

yeah, but as students they would be in their 20s, right? so isn't it more New Adult than Young Adult? I'm just trying to understand.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hamaoui (mich_h) | 0 comments not really because they were targeted towards teens in our library alond with animorphs and goosebumps. no dark topics as far as the things i read and no medical lingo, just stories of first/second year university flatmates UNLESS i read some edited version now that you mention it.
maybe i should've specified i was a teen when i read them, about 15 or16 years ago

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. It is a young adult series. I've read them. Wasn't it named for their apartment? Like the Girls in B7 or something like that. I remember the assault as well.

message 7: by Marie (last edited Jan 30, 2017 08:37PM) (new)

Marie | 276 comments Sounds interesting. Be sure to come back with the title if it turns out to be the book you're thinking about, Andy

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hamaoui (mich_h) | 0 comments Hi Andy I tried looking using your tips I found Girls in Canby Hall, not my series but may be the one you're talking about.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hamaoui (mich_h) | 0 comments I guess talking about these books jolted my memory. For some reason I saw in my mind the first page where it mentioned the original title (since I was reading the translation) and I remembered it included the hospital's name. Turned out the story I described was the first book of the series!
It is called City Hospital https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
Moving to solved, thanks guys!