Lovers of Paranormal discussion

PNR Trilogies? Good or bad, thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Shows (izzyshows) | 26 comments Hey, so I'm curious because I'm digging into some new PNR reading and I love to talk about the things I'm currently doing.

What do others think about romance trilogies? Should all romances just be stand alones, or exist as self-contained stories linked by the same world/family/whatever? If it's a trilogy, does each book have a HEA/HFN, or does that come at the end of book three?

I've only ever read the serial format of PNR, never read stand alones because I get too attached to characters, and I've never run into an actual series I was interested in before. I'm curious what other people think, and if you've read this type of series format, do you have any good ones to recommend?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 4 comments Strictly speaking, in a serial trilogy, the final HEA wouldn't come until the third book. In a series, each book has an HEA and usually features different couples in the same world. And a lot of series go longer than 3 books.

Some PNR series I love:
Patricia Brigg's Alpha & Omega series (which actually features the same couple as their relation grows): Alpha and Omega (4 Book Series) by Patricia Briggs

Shana Abe's Drakon series The Smoke Thief (Drakon #1) by Shana Abe

Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series: Nalini Singh The Psy Changeling Series 10 Books Collection Pack Set RRP 76.90 by Nalini Singh

message 3: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Trosper (adtrosper) | 42 comments I love a good series that hooks me into the story's world and characters. I also enjoy self-contained stories that take place within the same world. I'm not a huge fan of stand alones in the PNR genre.