Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Explorations: First Contact

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick Bailey | 10 comments Hi Librarians, could I have Explorations: First Contact added to my list of books as author please, as I am a contributing author in the anthology.
Thank you!

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (mwelser) | 193 comments done. next time please mention ISBN/ASIN plus fact that your name contains more than one space :-)

message 3: by Nick (new)

Nick Bailey | 10 comments Sorry, what do you mean my name contains more than one space?

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick Bailey | 10 comments Ok, just had a look at my profile and there is a double space between Nick and Bailey, but I can't edit that, it says only Librarians can. Could you take one of the spaces out for me please?

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 24 comments Nick, the two spaces in your name means that there is another author with your name. That is a way of differentiating your profile from the other author.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Bailey | 10 comments Any, ok, I didn't know that, thank you. Does that make me harder to find?

message 7: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 24 comments Nope, it won't negatively impact your ability to be searched for.

message 8: by Michael (last edited Jan 30, 2017 03:00AM) (new)

Michael (mwelser) | 193 comments Nick wrote: "Any, ok, I didn't know that, thank you. Does that make me harder to find?"

No. You will be found by name regardless whether it contains just one separating space or twenty. It is just GR's way of differentiating name collisions. There would be others, but this is GR...

The problem is that people who create books (and that is not just librarians) may not be aware of how many spaces to insert to address the correct author when entering the data. This may lead to massive and continuous mis-attributions which subsequently have to be corrected manually (by librarians :-) ).

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick Bailey | 10 comments Thank you for all your help