Support for Indie Authors discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Who wants to be on my Indie Shelf is back!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.G. (last edited Jan 29, 2017 09:40PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Those of you who were with us last year will know about this thing I like to do. For those who were not, here it goes.

Once in a while, I like to encourage authors from our group by buying a paper back from them. Of course, you will understand that I am not a millionaire so I can't buy every book, so I turn this into a fun thing. I pledge to buy at least two print books from the recommendations I will receive. But there's the hic. You can only recommend one of YOUR books. Yes, you read this right. I WANT BOOKWHACKS! But wait, this is for this thread ONLY, and ONLY because I ask for it and because well…I'm a mod so I can bend the rules a little. So pitch me your book! Keep it short and please, tell me something the blurb doesn't do already.

To avoid turning this into the Babel tower, I will ask you to follow this pattern:
1- Your name (or the Author's name if it’s under a pen name)
2- Title of the book
3- Genre(s)
4- Link to GoodReads book page
5- Short blurb (different from the one already posted for the book) and/or a fun fact about the book that might make me want to read it more than another book.

Please don't add anything else or it will disqualify your entry.

ALL books will be entered in the draw. Winning WILL guarantee you a sale but not necessarily a review. Understand that since I am not entering books solely in my preferred genre, it may not be something I like. (So no rating/review doesn't mean the book is bad!)

Here is how I will proceed.
1- Books in a genre I don't usually read will get one entry.
2- Books in a genre I don't usually read but have an original plot will get two entries.
3- Books in a genre I sometimes read will get three entries
4- Books in my favorite genres (Fantasy and Science fiction) with a plot that piques my curiosity will get five entries each.
5- All other Fantasy and Scifi will get four.
6- Finally I'll add an additional entry to any book with a fun fact that makes me smile, or makes me sad, or even makes me frown.

Ready, set…GO!
I will try to be patient and wait until the end of February to draw the winners.
Oh I almost forgot. Even if I have read and reviewed your book, you can still enter it. As long as I don't have it already in paperback version, it is eligible.

Good Luck Everyone!

EDITED: Here is the link to check if your book has been entered: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
If it doesn't show there within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

PS The paperback has to be on Amazon, sorry. :(

message 2: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Ok... put all the names in a box and took out two.
And the winners are:

R.E.birth R.E.birth by Thomas W. Everson
and
Understanding the Stars Understanding the Stars by X. Culletto

Congratulations to both winners. For the others, better chance next time. I wished I could have bought more.

message 3: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 73 comments Thanks for doing this. It was fun reading about the other books.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments Congrats to the winners and many thanks to you GG, this was a fun thing to do....

message 5: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 424 comments Thanks for letting us all bookwhack you G.G., and for running this. :)

Congrats to X. also, that cover's nice!

message 6: by Marco (new)

Marco Marek (marcomarek) | 2 comments Oh i discover this game just now... GG will you do it again next ?

message 7: by X. (new)

X. Culletto | 34 comments Thanks, G.G.! I hope you enjoy it!

message 8: by J C (new)

J C Steel (jcsteel) G.G. wrote: "Ok... put all the names in a box and took out two.
And the winners are:"

Hello G.G., thank you very much for running this! :)

message 9: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Marco wrote: "Oh i discover this game just now... GG will you do it again next ?"

Last year I did it three times. I won't make any promises but I should do it at least another time.

And thanks everyone for your participation!

message 10: by G.G. (last edited Mar 03, 2017 03:25PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Books

The two winners and two from Missy since she helped me with my cover. :) Again, congrats to the winners. :)

message 11: by X. (new)

X. Culletto | 34 comments G.G. wrote: "

The two winners and two from Missy since she helped me with my covers. :) Again, congrats to the winners. :)"

So cool to see my book there! :)
Winning the drawing totally made my day! Thank you again!

message 12: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments It really was my pleasure. I love doing that. :)

message 13: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Ok, I have deleted all the recommendations so as not to break the rules more than we did. :P I left the thread for those who may not have seen the results yet, but the thread will be closed to more comments.
Again, thank you all for your participation!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.