Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Review Requests > ARCs given for New Contemporary Romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Triana (dctriana) | 10 comments Hello,
Seeking reviews for my new Romantic Suspense. It is the second book in the Sunset Reads series and although it mentions initial characters it can be read as a standalone. If interested you can email me at dctriana82@gmail.com with your prefered format.

Sunset Reads Damian & Layla (Sunset Reads, #2) by D.C. Triana
Sunset Reads: Damian & Layla

Book Excerpt:
He smiled wickedly and leaned in, bringing his face only inches away from hers. “What do you want to know, Miss Reece?”
Layla stared at those full, sensual lips, warmth spreading through her.
“Everything,” she replied breathlessly, her eyes widening when she realized she had spoken aloud.
He stared back at her parted lips while she spoke, and fought the urge to close the distance between them. After a brief moment, he smiled and leaned back. “I can tell you that I’m an only child. I can also tell you I grew up here in New York. In Brooklyn. Joined the military at eighteen.”
“How did you get recruited into the FBI?”
“I was a translator in the Special Ops unit. I graduated with two majors-”
“Two majors! Wow!” Her eyes showed genuine admiration.
“Don’t seem so surprised…” he teased.
“Oh…no…it’s just that, well you don’t really seem like…” she trailed off, not sure how to continue.
“Like a book worm?” He smiled.
“Well. Yes.” She played with her napkin nervously, her nerves catching up to her.
“And how do I seem, Miss Reece?”
Layla was briefly stumped by the question, but then pursed her lips in contemplation, mischief shining in her eyes.
“Rough around the edges,” she paused, taking in his demeanor, “definitely reserved…” Her eyes traveled along his strong jawline, making her way across his broad shoulders, and pausing slightly on the muscles of his chest before she brought her eyes back up to meet his. “Powerful,” she whispered.
He leaned in again. “Is that all?”
She smiled, a glint of amusement in her eyes. “Very Intelligent,” she finished, and took a sip of her drink, taking a quick glance at him beneath lowered lashes.
He stared at those green eyes. “You’re very observant, Miss Reece, and surprisingly rather bold.”
She smiled. “So I’ve been told.”
His eyes narrowed dangerously. “Have you also been told that you are very sexy, and that just by a glance from those emerald eyes you can make a man think deliciously, dark thoughts?” His voice was low and seductive.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie17) | 1 comments D.C. wrote: "Hello,
Seeking reviews for my new Romantic Suspense. It is the second book in the Sunset Reads series and although it mentions initial characters it can be read as a standalone. If interested you c..."

Hey folks - I've read the book and believe me, take D.C. up on this offer. It is a great, fun story! I highly recommend it!

message 3: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Triana (dctriana) | 10 comments Lisa wrote: "D.C. wrote: "Hello,
Seeking reviews for my new Romantic Suspense. It is the second book in the Sunset Reads series and although it mentions initial characters it can be read as a standalone. If int..."

Thanks so much Lisa! :0)