Les Maures Passionnés. discussion

Up for a challenge ? > The One_Emotion_Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia El Kerdini (elkerdini) | 177 comments Mod
Hello les amoureux du livre ^_^ Y'all ready for this one? :D

The theme voted for February's challenge is "Emotions". And here's how it's gonna work:

- Each participant will be associated with a number by the order they joined the challenge to complete the draw. We will be following this order : 1-2-3-... -x-1. (The "-" between the numbers means "recommends a book to"), this way each member will interact with at least two people.
- Don't forget to register yourself and add the shelf that contains the book you're gonna be reading, here => https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

Happy challenge everyone!

message 2: by Hiba (new)

Hiba Arrame Well well, this challenge is really interesting and will certainly be a lot of fun, I'm gonna go with the purest, most sophisticated emotion for me, I'll choose LOVE :D Can't wait to see your suggestions.

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Aheum Aheum, I think I'm gonna go with FEAR :D

message 4: by Ammar (new)

Ammar | 5 comments I'll choose INSECURITY :D

message 5: by Hiba (new)

Hiba Arrame Sophia wrote: "Aheum Aheum, I think I'm gonna go with FEAR :D"

Hey Sophia!
I suggest you this title Carrie by Stephen King, I hope you will enjoy it, and look forward to read your review about it :D

message 6: by Sophia (new)

Ammar wrote: "I'll choose INSECURITY :D"

Ammar, here you go! I haven't read it myself yet but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I recommend you The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

@Hiba: thank you :D

message 7: by Ammar (new)

Ammar | 5 comments Thanks Sophia, i'll read it after i'll finish reading a book :D

message 8: by Maha (new)

Maha | 3 comments Hi everyone, this is my first challenge in here and this month's theme is really interesting :) I choose Hope. Looking forward for your suggestions !
Hiba je te suggère Quo Vadis de Henryk Sienkiewicz, c'est un roman historique que j'ai beaucoup apprécié

message 9: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayalalaoui) | 17 comments Hey all! As for me, I'm hesitating between Frustration and Greed, thus giving you a wider range of choices :D

message 10: by Ammar (new)

Ammar | 5 comments Hey Aya!!
Since greed was one of your choices, i'll suggest you Macbeth by William Shakespeare and if you're not into classics please do tell, so that i'll change the suggestion.

message 11: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayalalaoui) | 17 comments Hi Ammar! Haha thanks for pointing that out. I'm not into classics unfortunately. What else can you suggest? :D

message 12: by Hiba (new)

Hiba Arrame Maha wrote: "Hi everyone, this is my first challenge in here and this month's theme is really interesting :) I choose Hope. Looking forward for your suggestions !
Hiba je te suggère Quo Vadis de Henryk Sienkiew..."

Merci pour ta suggestion Maha, mais peux-tu me suggérer un livre plus relié à l'émotion que j'ai choisi? :3 :D

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone,

I will go with Grief (Specifically the loss of a child).

Thanks a bunch in advance :D!

message 14: by Sophia (new)

Maha wrote: "Hi everyone, this is my first challenge in here and this month's theme is really interesting :) I choose Hope. Looking forward for your suggestions !
Hiba je te suggère Quo Vadis de Henryk Sienkiew..."

Il y a eu un petit décalage par rapport à l'ordre qu'il fallait suivre, on fera avec :D Dans ce cas, on va devoir continuer avec cet ordre-là pour ne pas se mêler les pinceaux : Ammar-Aya-Motaquillah-Maha-Hiba. (The "-" between the names means " suggests a title to")

Juste pour rappel : Each participant is supposed to be associated with a number by the order they joined the challenge to complete the draw pour éviter d'oublier quelqu'un. Ce qui fait qu'il faut attendre un peu pour s'assurer que le dernier participant est bien le dernier avant de boucler la boucle ;)

message 15: by Sahar (new)

Sahar (saharbh) | 5 comments Hello, I'm going to choose FEAR ^_^

message 16: by Abdelkarim (new)

Abdelkarim | 27 comments Je vais choisir la joie :)

message 17: by Ammar (new)

Ammar | 5 comments Hey Aya, Actually i couldn't find a book that is not classic, and has the theme of greed on it. But i found a play that i heard it's good, hope you'll like it.
Uncle Vanya by Anton Tchekhov

message 18: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayalalaoui) | 17 comments Motaquillah wrote: "Hi everyone,

I will go with Grief (Specifically the loss of a child).

Thanks a bunch in advance :D!"

Hi Motaquillah! I had read a great book, a testimony (called The Tears of My Soul by Sokreaska S.Himm) of a combodian survivor of the genocide, where he lost his whole family (he was a child back then, so he didn't have to deal with child loss). Or, if you want a fictional less good book dealing with child loss you can go with Happy People Read and Drink Coffee by Agnès Martin Lugaud.
Either way, happy reading!

message 19: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayalalaoui) | 17 comments Ammar wrote: "Hey Aya, Actually i couldn't find a book that is not classic, and has the theme of greed on it. But i found a play that i heard it's good, hope you'll like it.
Uncle Vanya by Anton Tchekhov"

Alright, thank you so much Ammar!

message 20: by Maha (new)

Maha | 3 comments Hiba wrote: "Maha wrote: "Hi everyone, this is my first challenge in here and this month's theme is really interesting :) I choose Hope. Looking forward for your suggestions !
Hiba je te suggère Quo Vadis de He..."

Oups, je voulais écrire romance historique x)
Otherwise, if you're more into contemporary novels I suggest you South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami

message 21: by Hiba (new)

Hiba Arrame Maha wrote: "Hiba wrote: "Maha wrote: "Hi everyone, this is my first challenge in here and this month's theme is really interesting :) I choose Hope. Looking forward for your suggestions !
Hiba je te suggère Qu..."

Thank you :D

message 22: by Sophia (new)

Je vois qu'une nouvelle boucle s'est formée :D
Voici pour le petit groupe : Sahar-Abdel-Fatine-Sahar
(The "-" between the names means " suggests a title to")

Happy challenge guys! ^_^

message 23: by Sahar (new)

Sahar (saharbh) | 5 comments Abdel wrote: "Je vais choisir la joie :)"

Si tu lis de la fantaisie, je te conseille Percy Jackson and the lightening thief de Rick Riordan. C'est léger, c'est drôle et c'est plein d'action ;) Personnellement, j'adore !
Sinon, un manga si tu en lis : One punch man !

(si tu as des difficultés à te procurer l'un ou l'autre, dis le moi, je peux arranger ça)

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 01, 2017 06:27AM) (new)

@Aya Thank you for your recommendations, The Tears of My Soul looks interesting :).

@Maha If you like (contemporary) poetry I highly recommend you Ron Padgett's collection of poems Alone and Not Alone it always puts a smile on my face and gives me hope.

If poetry is not your cup of tea, give The Handmaid's Tale a chance.

Let me know how it went and happy reading :D!

message 25: by Abdel (new)

Abdel Youssfi | 3 comments Hi everyone^^
i'm gonna go with anger .

message 26: by Abdelkarim (new)

Abdelkarim | 27 comments Sahar wrote: "Abdel wrote: "Je vais choisir la joie :)"

Si tu lis de la fantaisie, je te conseille Percy Jackson and the lightening thief de Rick Riordan. C'est léger, c'est drôle et c'est plein d'action ;) Per..."

Bonjour Sahar
Merci beaucoup pour tes suggestions, j'ai trouvé les deux, pour ce challenge je vais choisir: "the lightening thief", et j'ajouterai "One punch man" dans ma PAL, car j'ai jamais lu un Manga.
Bonne lecture :)

message 27: by Abdelkarim (new)

Abdelkarim | 27 comments Fatine wrote: "for me it would be pride"
Bonjour Fatine

Je te suggère ces deux titres:
Pride and Prejudice ou
Antigone

Bonne lecture :)

message 28: by Sophia (new)

Hello Hajar! We're also glad to count you in ^_^
You will be suggesting a book to Abdel he went with "anger" and you will be receiving a title from him aswell.

@petit rappel pour tout le monde, n'oubliez pas de cliquez sur le lien pour que GoodReads puisse comptabiliser votre participation!
https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

Happy challenge everyone!

message 29: by Abdel (new)

Abdel Youssfi | 3 comments Hajar wrote: "Alrighty!

Abdel wrote: "Hi everyone^^
i'm gonna go with anger ."

Hello Abel, I'm suggesting the following books for you, you can choose whichever you want:

My Sister's Keeper or The Girl on the ..."

thanks a lot^^
i recommend you this novel by Dennis Lehane and i hope you'll like it^^
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 30: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Bouizaguen (mimi_bzgn) | 2 comments Sophia wrote: "Hello les amoureux du livre ^_^ Y'all ready for this one? :D

The theme voted for February's challenge is "Emotions". And here's how it's gonna work:

- Each participant will be associated with a ..."

I'll choose HOPE ! :)

message 31: by Maha (new)

Maha | 3 comments Motaquillah wrote: "@Aya Thank you for your recommendations, The Tears of My Soul looks interesting :).

@Maha If you like (contemporary) poetry I highly recommend you Ron Padgett's collection of poems Alone and Not..."

I guess I'm going to read both of them, thanks a lot :D

message 32: by Sophia (new)

Mimi wrote: "Sophia wrote: "Hello les amoureux du livre ^_^ Y'all ready for this one? :D

- Each participant will be ass..."

Hello Mimi,
Je te propose ce titre: Le Grand Meaulnes that I've enjoyed very much, sinon Z for Zachariah (I didn't read this one but it's got good reviews)
Happy challenge! ;)

PS: don't forget to register here: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

message 33: by sirius (new)

sirius (sokffa17) | 2 comments Hello
I think i'm a lil late to start this challenge but i wanna take it up so im gonna go with Surprise :p

message 34: by Sophia (new)

Sabri wrote: "Hello
I think i'm a lil late to start this challenge but i wanna take it up so im gonna go with Surprise :p"

Hello Sabri,
Glad to count you in :)
Je te propose ce livre d'Agatha Christie qui s'allie très bien avec ton émotion Les Travaux d'Hercule

Happy challenge ^_^

message 35: by sirius (new)

sirius (sokffa17) | 2 comments Sophia wrote: "Sabri wrote: "Hello
I think i'm a lil late to start this challenge but i wanna take it up so im gonna go with Surprise :p"

Hello Sabri,
Glad to count you in :)
Je te propose ce livre d'Agatha Ch..."

Thanks a lot Sophia :)

message 36: by Sophia (new)

Hello les participants du challenge "One Emotion"!

I hope you had an interesting experience with the whole process.

Would you be interested to talk about our experience on Skype?

I'd very much love to discuss your impressions, what you liked, didn't like, whay you found difficult, uneasy, uncomfortable, annoying, etc. It will help me improve the way I create the challenges for us and also facilitate the communication between us as member to member, and admin to members.

So, what do you think, Skype ? :D